United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Data Warehouse and Analytics
Reporting Line: Head, Data Warehouse and Analytics
- Effective liaison with requesting units / business users in gathering requirements and conducting related analysis to achieve optimal results Build a trust relationship with the Business Unit staff (executive to junior official).
- Implementation of strict compliance within the Data warehouse
- Serve as business interface with support team on data / validation issues
- Liaise with technology on any extraction bottlenecks, ensure that measures are in place to maintain a clean data warehouse with highly reduced unclean data.
- Detailed Business Requirement for Business Reporting, which results in frequent change requests to meet business demands.
- Develop work flows and custom reports on the Finacle platform in line with detailed specifications from the requesting business units.
Data Warehouse Review:
- Data profiling
- Data discovery
- Information chain analysis and management
- Root cause analysis
- Ensure data and mapping quality.
Execution and Support:
- Propose and effect the execution of improvement initiatives to the bank BI/Data warehouse environment.
- Work with Data warehouse team in supporting/maintaining performance management driven dashboards E.g Performance Scorecard, ATM Profitability, Deposit Volume, E-product Enrolment, etc.
- Liaise with users on regular basis with a view to providing a proactive approach to problem resolution.
- Contribute to the improvement of the BI/MIS platforms or processes via innovative ideas, strategies and related initiatives.
- Alignment and Perform other duties as may be assigned by Head IT Enterprise Applications
- Data quality assurance measures across the industry.
- Integration of other enterprise data system for rapid and efficient dissemination of financial information and data analytics bank-wide.
- Deployment of latest trend on appropriate and suitable intelligence tool for the business.
Data Management Repository:
- Maintain inventory of data content (structure, level of detail and amount of history).
- Periodically review all data content in the BI environment to identify opportunities for improvement of problem avoidance.
- Co-ordination of a metadata solution of incompatibility between the warehousing environment and other systems.
- Productivity per staff
- Staff Attrition rate
- Internal Audit rating
- Customer Service
- Financial and Performance Management data.
- Minimum years of experience: 2-5 years’ work experience in relevant field
- Certifications: Having a certification from a reputable institution will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online