Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Retail Payment
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- To lead retail payments / wholesale banking strategy development and translation into plan and detailed activities, with reference to Interswitch overall strategic direction.
- To manage required resources, and work collaboratively with other departments to deepen and diversify existing businesses as well as develop new ones to achieve revenue growth.
- To lead strategy implementation against a timeline and budgetary margins.
- To enhance service delivery and engage with relevant stakeholders and to share updates on progress and achieved milestones.
Partnership, Relationship and Risk Management:
- Oversee deployment of retail payments / wholesale banking procedures and regulations, and handle communication and negotiation with business partners, service providers, and subsidiaries.
- Build and maintain close relationships with national, regional and local Fintech agents and investors to identify and convert investment leads into engagements with Interswitch.
- Develop a personal network within the business sector and represent the organization at business sector events.
- Obtain market intelligence and enhance the visibility and reputation of the organization, its products, and its services
- Develop and deliver a contingency plan for significant aspects of the risk management and control process.
- Develop a comprehensive view of payments risk including fraud and operational risks across channels, and help prioritize future initiatives
Business Development and Planning:
- Lead retail payments / wholesale banking strategy development and translation into plan and detailed activities, with reference to Interswitch strategic direction.
- Create a business development plan to identify, evaluate, and structure key transactions to ensure continued financial health and maximum value creation through the entire product life cycle.
- These transactions may involve alliances, collaborations, mergers and acquisitions, in and out-licensing initiatives, and other activities.
- Drive wholesale banking activities including managing retail activities, generate engagement leads, and coordinate project landing processes.
- Support Group Head, Banking Services, in developing retail payments / wholesale banking framework, and leverage the framework’s components during operations.
- Attend meetings led by Group Head, Banking Services, with relevant stakeholders, acquire retail payments / wholesale banking strategy, risk management processes, and share them with the execution team.
Sell Customer Propositions and Promoting Customer Focus:
- Configure a complex product and services solution and associated contractual terms that meet the customer’s mid-to long-term needs, taking input from relevant internal specialists.
- Present the solution to customer representatives and negotiate an agreement within a pre-defined range of commercial parameters.
- Review sales proposals from team members and authorise those that deviate from standard terms, escalating issues to senior management where appropriate.
- Develop internal marketing plans and work collaboratively with other departments to improve internal relationships and build strong external customer relationships.
Customer Relationship Management / Account Management / Data Management:
- Develop and implement relationship management plans for complex existing customer accounts to identify and build relationships with relevant decision-makers and influencers within the customer organization and to enable an effective two-way flow of information and resolution of issues.
- Manage ongoing relationships with identified customer segments to ensure their needs are met, providing themes, summary analyses, and recommendations for changes based on customer input.
- Manage key aspects of the data management system. This includes being responsible for developing or operating key elements of the system.
Customer Experience Strategy, Insights and Reporting:
- Drive and own the execution planning for a multi-stream, customer-facing initiative and help to refine the Customer Experience strategy by providing input on the implementation of initiatives.
- Contribute to the design and creation of reporting strategies and templates.
- Lead execution of complex reports, identifying and interpreting complex patterns and trends, and translating those insights into actionable recommendations and opportunities.
Performance Management and Capability Building:
- Manage and report on the performance of direct reports by setting appropriate performance objectives and holding them accountable for achieving these.
- Take appropriate corrective action where necessary to ensure the achievement of team / personal objectives.
- Implement the formal development framework for direct reports, with guidance from senior colleagues.
- Act as mentor and coach to team members while fostering an environment of mutual respect and trust among senior-level team members
- Provide informal coaching to others throughout the organization in the area of expertise.
- General Education – University First Degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, Information Technology or Finance-related field.
- General Experience – At least 8 years’ relevant experience in Wholesale Banking / Retail Business Development roles ideally within reputable financial institutions.
- This will enable the job holder to deal with the majority of situations and to advise others.
- Managerial Experience – At least 4 years’ experience of planning and managing resources to deliver predetermined objectives as specified by more senior managers within limited timeframe.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online