PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria – Our client is a development finance institution involved in providing short and medium-term loans, risk bearing services as well as trade and market information and export advisory services to the Nigerian export community.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Compliance
Reference Number: 130-PEO01181
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
The role holder will:
- Conduct and oversee internal reviews or audits periodically to ensure that approved procedures are followed.
- Conduct or direct internal investigations on of Compliance issues.
- Inform, educate and train employees on matters that are associated with regulations and industry practices.
- Review Bank’s activities to identify and assess Compliance risks.
- Develop effective plans to manage a crisis or Compliance violation.
- Work cooperatively with external auditors when needed.
- Co-ordinate, prepare and submit appropriate Compliance reports to regulatory agencies.
- Discuss emerging Compliance issues with Management and employees.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments to ensure Compliance Control and best practice standards.
- Ensure and verify that all regulatory policies and procedures are documented, communicated and duly implemented.
- Prepare and submit appropriate compliance reports to senior management, Board and regulatory agencies as required.
- Communicate awareness on laws, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures.
- Monitor Compliance with laws, regulations and policies.
- Drive the development, implementation and review of Bank’s policies.
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and ensure continuous improvement.
- Undertake periodic reviews of reports and procedures to identify risks and breaches in implementation.
- Co-ordinate all units of the Bank to monitor/ ensure enforcement of policies and regulations.
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Liaise with external auditors, supervisory, regulatory and statutory agencies when needed.
- Proven experience as Compliance Manager.
- In-depth knowledge of industry standards and regulation.
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record-keeping.
- Strong business acumen patterned to legality.
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities.
- An analytical mind with ability to relate complexities of procedures with demands of Regulation.
- Excellent communication skills.
Application Closing Date
6th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online