The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria, an affiliate of the University of Maryland Baltimore, is a Non-Governmental Organization funded by the U.S Government through the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Quality Lead
- The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is seeking a Data Quality Lead for an upcoming program in Nigeria. The Data Quality Lead will develop a framework to mainstream Data Quality Assessment/Improvement (DQA/I).
- This is a full-time position supporting an anticipated five-year project. The position is contingent upon award.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify processes for continuous data quality improvement, proactively track numerous system reports on data quality, develop and produce data quality reports, analyse data and report on trend
- Lead joint Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) and transition of DQAs to Ministry of Health in CDC supported programmes
- Support Implementing Partners in using information from the DQA exercise to guide their identification and selection of indicators for DQI activities.
- Lead matching of data fields from multiple systems to identify data mismatch and its causes
- Support updating of DQAs to reflect APR and SAPR indicators; as well as the development of a data quality review module on NDR.
- Carry out regular system investigations and data audits and make recommendations to management that will ensure efficient data management process within the network asset management systems
- Identify and analyse system and data management processes ensuring that technical specification and other technical documentation is completed and distributed in a timely manner
- Identify and develop functional training needs and resources and deliver training to system users ensuring changes to system and data management processes are delivered in an efficient and comprehensive manner
- Provide specialist technical advice and support to other system specialists and stakeholders regarding data quality, system processes and procedures which support the operation and strategic direction of the programme
- MSc in Statistics, Data Science or related fields
- Experience with DQA methods.
- At least 5 years of experience in data quality assessments and audits.
Application Closing Date
6th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online