Owens and Xley is a Small Business Advisory and Consulting Company in Lagos, Nigeria. Our services include of Small Business Startup and Set up, Business Plan preparation, Business Process Design and Business Strategy Formulation.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs; and the initial capital challenges faced by a small business which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that small business owners have access to technical skills but at a fraction of the cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Automation Assistant
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Automation Assistant will work closely with the Automation Engineer. He or she will assist in designing, implementing, troubleshooting projects, alongside with providing support to customers.
- Develop design, schematics and drawings using SI D-tools and Chief Architect.
- Assist in conducting product research and staying abreast of technology and industry trends and communicate same to management.
- Assist in reviewing data sheets, architecture diagrams and schematics for products from different manufacturers.
- Assist and participate in developing and reviewing technical designs and diagrams for projects.
- Assist in developing bill of materials for projects.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues with company installed systems by visiting customer residences or providing remote support.
- Develop user manuals and procedures for company processes.
- Provide timely and detailed status updates.
- Identify, log, and track product defects.
- Setting appointments and arranging meetings with dealers and customers.
- Propose improvement initiatives for management’s consideration.
- BSc / BA in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering or any related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience as an Automation Engineer or Assistant.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good organizational skillset and ability to multitask.
- Good communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Creative thinking skills with ability to think outside of the box.
- Working knowledge of office productivity tool such as Ms Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio and Projects will be an added advantage.
N50,000 – N60,000 / Month
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Position as subject of the email.