Standard Bearers School was established at a time when the educational system in Nigeria was going through a difficult phase. While there seemed to be a proliferation of schools at the time, quality standards were fast diminishing. SBS opened its doors on January 7th, 1997 with a small group of committed teachers and a few pupils. With hard work, perseverance and prayer. The idea to establish SBS was borne out of the desire of the founder to create a school where academic and creative talents were given similar priorities.
SBS is a family school that offers holistic education to parents seeking a technology driven, 21st century education for their children. We are lifelong learners who belong to a community where all individuals are valued and supported on their journey to self- discovery.
At SBS, we are committed to giving our students a solid foundation and an excellent start to life. Hence, we encourage and guide them to become independent, confident and responsible members of the community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Technician / Site Supervisor
- We are seeking a technician who will manage, direct, and install electrical wiring and installation for all building projects. In this position, you will work with contractors, builders, and architects, and will install and maintain electrical wiring systems, circuitry, and follow safety practices and standards codes to meet high-quality standards.
- You will review and compare pricing, document materials needed and used, and track changes to plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and analyze electrical systems in the school
- Collaborate with facility manager and engineers to determine the best placement of electrical wiring
- Test devices for improvement, safety, and quality control
- Update older electrical systems for changes, cost reductions, improvements, safety, and quality control
- Repair broken equipment and wiring in the school
- Perform and analyze tests to track results and make improvements
- Work with builders and make recommendations
- Perform calibrations for wire placement and electronic components
- Responsible for all required electrical qualification tests on projects and ensure compliance with all outside parties involved
- Participate in test runs and meet safety regulations
- Modify systems to be environmentally friendly
- Monitors and supervise power plant maintenance
- Monitor all site electrical activities and give daily, weekly and monthly reports
- inspect buildings, equipment, and systems to identify any issues.
- Repair faulty equipment units and damaged structures.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures.
- Manage heating and plumbing systems to guarantee functionality.
- Plan and schedule repairs.
- Conduct periodic quality checks on equipment and systems to ensure everything is up to standard.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree / OND / HND qualification with 3 – 7 years work experience.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Flexible and able to multitask on several different aspects of a project or on multiple projects
- Able to take initiative to recommend projects, product improvements, or cost reductions
- In-depth understanding of electrical regulations, construction, materials, and industry
- Strict attention to detail
- Technical school degree and certification for technicians; license as required by state
- Four to five years of experience as a technician, technician apprentice, or relevant work experience
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Excellent communicator; able to understand instructions and communicate effectively
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal property and safety regulations
- Strong mathematical and technical skills
Application Closing Date
4th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.