Ambassadors of Dialogue, Climate and Reintegration is a voluntary, non-government, not-for-profit, and non-sectarian organization (gender focus), that is working in the area of peace-building, climate change, and reintegration. Established in 2016 and registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in August 2018, our mission is to educate and empower citizens, especially women, youths and, children to be able to shape their society and become more responsive to social, economic, political and environmental transformations. DCR Ambassadors envision a world where human life has esteemed value and worth, citizens have equal opportunities, and people are free from oppression, violence, and disasters. We can drive social change through advocacy, community mobilizing for action, capacity building, livelihood support, education, and strengthening democratic governance structures through dialogues.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- Project Assistant will assist the Program Manager in the discharge of his/her duties, while he/she reports to the Program Manager, they both report to the Program Coordinator.The Program Assistant will work hand in hand with the PM and management team to provide oversight to program implementation including strategic, programmatic, technical, financial and grants management integrity of the entire project is met.
- She/he will be responsible for oversight of workplan implementation, ensuring compliance with DCR Ambassadors regulations. The Project Assistant will provide technical support to PM for oversight to raise awareness about the effects of the violence on women and girls in general, with an emphasis on coaching staff to build their capacity, advocating for improved services for women and girls, and ensuring quality response to reach women and girls in conflict affected areas.
- The Project Assistant will liaise with team members and other departments for coordination and to carry out job responsibilities.
- Operationalize administrative procedures such as Time sheet, Travel and transportation, Documentation, and Procurement of services of Consultants.
- Create and update staff information in personnel files
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plan;
- Collect, register and maintain all information on project activities;
- Advise all project counterparts on applicable administrative procedures and ensures their proper implementation;
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of progress reports;
- Prepare agenda and arrange field visits, appointments and meetings both internal and external related to the project activities and write minutes from the meetings;
- Prepare routine correspondence and memoranda for Executive Director’s signature;
- Receive, screen and distribute correspondence and attach necessary background information.
- Follow-up on timely disbursements by donors/prime partner;
- Assist in the preparation of payments requests for operational expenses, salaries, insurance, etc. against project budget and work plan;
- Support the preparations of project work-plan and operational and financial planning processes;
- Monitor project activities, budget and financial expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions;
- Prepare and submit expenditure and programme budget status reports;
- Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparations and audit;
- Undertake other financial and administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and insurance as required; in accordance with the Work Plan arranged for procurement of equipment, supplies and services;
- Ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated procedures;
- Physically clear and ensure delivery of equipment and supplies procured for the various programme sites;
- Supervise and manage the program team to ensure conformity to the project goals and deliverables.
- Assist PM in ensuring project activities are executed successfully, completed within time frames and project scope meet program objectives.
- Assist PM in ensuring timely writing of program reports for review and thereafter onward submission to Programs Coordinator and the donor as stipulated in sub contract agreement; provide input to manuscripts for publication and presentations as necessary
- Provide guidance and advice to the programs management team on technical issues of gender mainstreaming and related advocacy in projects
- Assist PM in networking and maintaining dialogue with relevant stakeholders e.g. Government Institutions, National and International Development Organizations to ensure collaboration and synergy on projects and sharing of experiences on gender issues.
- Coordinate and attend training workshops for self, relevant stakeholders, staff and key actors on gender-related topics including identifying training needs and organize training on gender mainstreaming for the organization, target communities, beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Support the media and communications team in preparation and dissemination of information related to gender and women empowerment.
- Support the monitoring, evaluation and reporting on gender mainstreaming by ensuring the collection of relevant baseline information and formulation of indicators that are sensitive to gender.
- Assist with other team and organizational activities as may be required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a degree in Public administration or other relevant social science or arts course, certificate in project management, social work and development, with significant relevant work experience in conflict affected areas are additional advantages.
- 2 years program management experience, preferably in insecure locations,
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in gender, advocacy, and women empowerment issues with additional understanding of Gender-Based Violence(GBV) and Violence Against Women and Girls(VAWG)
- Demonstrated experience working with international organizations and systems/regulations in gender programming and gender mainstreaming.
- Good interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to live and work under pressure in an unstable security environment.
- Experience in grant management and proposal writing is preferred
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact with diverse staff and stakeholders.
- Excellent skills in report writing and meeting date lines.
- Computer skills particularly, experience with MS office suites strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), Hausa and Kanuri
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and a Motivation Letter to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only complete application packages will be considered. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.