Ambassadors of Dialogue, Climate and Reintegration is a voluntary, non-government, not-for-profit, and non-sectarian organization (gender focus), that is working in the area of peace-building, climate change, and reintegration. Established in 2016 and registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in August 2018, our mission is to educate and empower citizens, especially women, youths and, children to be able to shape their society and become more responsive to social, economic, political and environmental transformations. DCR Ambassadors envision a world where human life has esteemed value and worth, citizens have equal opportunities, and people are free from oppression, violence, and disasters. We can drive social change through advocacy, community mobilizing for action, capacity building, livelihood support, education, and strengthening democratic governance structures through dialogues.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The M&E Officer(s) will support the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Unit in implementing the M&E strategy, as detailed in the DRC AmbassadorsM&E plan, to periodically measure and report on the project performance, results, and impacts of the project.
- The M&E Officer(s) will provide day-to-day management of monitoring & evaluation activities, working with DCR Ambassadors staff, external consultants, key stakeholders, and volunteers involved in the project reporting process.
- Manage the information-gathering process to report performance quarterly and annually.
- Institutionalize monitoring activities including, data collection, reports preparation, and documentation. This includes also exchanging and communicating information, results, and lessons learned, with staff and stakeholders.
- Document good practice, analyze trends, and cross-cutting implementation issues.
- Provide support in the oversight of data quality control and review.
- Ensure the periodic reports are made publicly available on the DCR Ambassadors web page.
- Provide any other required assistance and guidance to the M&E unit; this includes working with external evaluators in the implementation of impact evaluation missions, responding to Donor’s requests for information: data sources, data measurement methods, frequency of data collection, disaggregation, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Economics, Public Policy, Social development, Engineering, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation of interventions in cases of SGBV and VAWG
- Demonstrated experience working with international organizations and systems/regulations is strongly preferred
- excellent social and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact with diverse staff and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and keen attention to details
- computer skills particularly, experience with one or more types of data analysis and management software (e.g., Stata, SPSS) strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English ( spoken and written), Hausa, and Kanuri
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and a Motivation Letter to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only complete application packages will be considered. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.