DexNova Consulting Limited is a full service human capacity development firm offering a wide array of Technical, Leadership, Strategic and Management Courses. With offices in Lagos and Port Harcourt, Nigeria the company has diverse team of consultants, professional engineers, programme and project managers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Supervisor
Location: Port-harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The incumbent will be responsible for the maintenance, installation and treatment/recovery work of equipment and machinery. The work requires sound judgment, bags of initiatives and an ability to resolve problems with alacrity.
- The individual would be expected to be familiar with caterpillar,deutz,Mercedes benz etc heavy duty machines
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the Site Supervisor and take responsibility for the planning and coordination of all work related activity: installation, repair and maintenance of machinery & equipment, and in fabrication of metal parts and tools.
- Coordinate the activity of workers in the installation of machinery and equipment.To direct work in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumaticmaintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Diagnose malfunctions in machinery and equipment based on observation andapplying knowledge from past experience.
- Directs the dismantling, assembly and installation of industrial machinery.
- Monitors the quality and compliance of work in accordance with job standards.
- Implements improvements, changes or new techniques or procedures.
- Supervises assigned personnel in all aspects of their work.
- Oversees inspection and maintenance of equipment and machinery.
- Performs duties of specific trades when necessary.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and wiring diagrams.
- Orders and purchases all equipment and tools which are relevant to fulfill the work.
- Maintains records of jobs performed, departmental charge codes and hours workedby employees
- The Mechanical Supervisor reports directly to the MD . The incumbent is the primary link between the Site and the Head Office; he is the first point of contact with the management.
- Education: Professional qualifications and/or certification in the mechanical field are required: membership of a professional body would be looked on favourably.
- Work Experience: A proven track record with over 10 years experience operating as a supervisor within the mechanical domain is considered the basic requirement. Experience of working within the marine industry would be considered an advantage.
Skills / Competencies:
- Excellent grasp of the English language, able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Thorough knowledge of the operation of caterpillar,deutz,mercedes benz engines etc , methods and practices used in theirmaintenance.
- An ability to generate comprehensive documents, such as site reports and drawings.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards andsafety precautions involved inthe operation of such equipment.
- Ability to supervise the work of others.
- Ability to detect malfunctions in equipment operations and to effect repairs or takeremedial action.
- Ability to interpret and work from plans, blueprints and sketches.
- An ability to influence and persuade others, through the use of logic and presence:convincing others to think and act in the best interests of the project.
- An ability to build rapport easily and to cultivate lasting relationships built on trust.
- An understanding of Health and Safety legislation.
- Highly computer literate: able to use, as a minimum, Microsoft Office.
- Highly organised, inquisitive with high standards in nrelationship to attention to detail.
- A self-contained individual who is mentally robust and able to operate under pressure: determined and tenacious – able to force through change.
- Operating in a multi-cultural environment, will require a high degree of cultural empathy and awareness.
- Physically robust, able to operate in austere conditions.
- High moral standards, setting the example for others tofollow.
- Open minded to change, new ways of working and to constructive criticism.
- A self-motivated individual who is able to pre-empt and resolve problems.
Application Closing Date
24th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.