Strategic Workforce Solutions Ltd (‘SWS’ or ‘the Company’) is an HR Consulting firm that was established in 2014. The Company is incorporated as a Private Limited Liability Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act 1990 of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The Company offers services in HRAdvisory, Performance Management, Change Management, Organizational Development, Policy and Process Development, Job Analysis & Evaluation, Outsourcing Executive Training & Recruitment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Policy / Technical Advisor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract (13 Months)
- The successful candidate will work on a Fixed-Term basis (full time) for the duration of the Contract, which is estimated to last for 13 months from January 2021.
- The Health Technical Advisor (HTA), serves as the source of Health Technical support for designated Programs and Interventions.
- The HTA provides technical expertise and collaborates in the designing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities / projects with a particular focus on health systems areas of health governance and quality improvement.
- He / She interfaces between the field staff in the designated Programs, the Programs Managers, the Project Managers and Senior Management.
- The role cuts across the wide range of health issues that the organisation focuses it advocacy work in.
- He / She will be responsible for conducting analyses and providing evidence for the public health initiatives
- He / She provides project management support for various programs being implemented by the Organization and contributes to identifying bottlenecks and corrective steps to achieve the expected outcomes
- He / She will be responsible for building a business case for health including conducting cost-effectiveness and/or cost-benefit analysis, modelling the impact of investments on mortality, morbidity and health status in the health sector
- Take an active role in monitoring and evaluation of projects and provide feedback to the team on the progress of various components- the achievements and slow-moving areas.
- Updating the monitoring indicators of projects on a regular basis based on the project data and studies; preparing reports based on the information generated by projects for policy purposes as well as to strengthen the information collection methods on a regular basis
- Provide input on budgets required for project delivery
- Conduct technical training and ongoing technical coaching for Program Managers
- Work with Programme Managers to help analyze data that informs periodic review and course correction as needed
- Participate in and advise on strategic health initiatives, and partnerships with other organisations
- Engage in policy brief writing focused on key Organizational advocacy issues, maternal health, Immunisation, nutrition etc
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree with 10-17 years of work experience;
- Technical Skills: Sound Knowledge of health policy
- Proficient Skills in Technical Writing
- Ability to translate Technical documents into advocacy messages
- Sound knowledge & experience in Monitoring & Evaluation
- Sound knowledge & experience in managing and overseeing health programs
- Hands-on experience carrying out health-related advocacy
- Proven ability to build the technical knowledge/ability of team members
- Proficient Skills in managing diverse projects
- A thorough understanding of Health Program design and development
- Sound knowledge of the Nigerian health system and key health system actors
- Ability to initiate and see-through policy reforms through collaborative and consensus-building approaches
- Professional certification in Project Management is an added advantage
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the “Job title” applied for as the subject of the email.