Willers Solutions Limited – Our client,an indigenous Nigerian company with competence in the manufacturing of insulated sandwich panels and construction of pre-engineered steel buildings seeks to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager (Expatriate)
- He/She should be a transformational leader who is able to operationalize the business strategy, has a passion for growth and building a high performing culture.
- The successful candidate should have broad knowledge and specialized experience in construction of large prefabricated structures, pharmaceutical clean rooms, production factories, airport terminals/hangers, porta cabins for site offices, labour camps and commercial housing developments, poultry hatcheries, cold rooms, abattoirs, telecom base shelters and warehouse structures.
- He/She should be well connected and respected at the highest levels of government, civil societies and private sector.
The responsibilities of the General Manager include but not limited to the following:
- Overseeing all aspects of an insulated metal sandwich panel business, selling PUR & PIR insulated panels.
- Handles the Manufacturing and sales of PUR / PIR insulated metal sandwich panels in the two plants.
- Responsible for leading quality initiatives, obtaining product and system certification, and marketing initiatives.
- Handles Sandwich panel, cladding business, metroco roof and rock wool projects to achieve schedule requirement on all Process.
- Overall supervision of all in-house assembling line facility to produce massive scale large insulated sandwich panel, made with polyurethane foam, for commercial projects and low cost housing using modular building technology and pre- engineered system.
- Drive the marketing and generate sales lead of all our sandwich panel, Rockwool, cladding business, etc.
- Handles the installation, quality and safety aspects of all equipment.
- Overall supervision of discontinue and continue production lines with people with little or no experience.
- Responsible for installation of continue production line machines.
- Maintain our machines and negotiate with companies from Turkey for new machines and profiles.
- Responsible to improve manufactured products and investigation of customer complaints.
- Directs the production and the design of all Lange and Grants PUR/PIR insulated panels.
- Develop and implement the short- and long-term strategies and comprehensive business plans aligned with the vision and mission of the organization to achieve profitable business growth.
- Partner with other leaders to foster a workplace culture of continuous improvement and growth.
- Champion change management efforts to increase acceptance of initiatives aimed at institutional improvement.
- Drive the company in order to deliver actual result in line with the Annual Business Plan, and to ensure that the key performance indicators are maintained or surpassed
- Drive financial management activities including annual budget development, financial performance, cash flow management and investment decisions to achieve expected financial performance.
- Allocate and delegate roles, responsibilities and tasks clearly, effectively matching the level of responsibility with the appropriate skills, experience and authority required within the company.
- Be the face of the Company and deliver appropriate representation to cover Corporate communication and public relations to strengthen the company’s profile.
- Enable a thriving work environment and a highly motivated team.
- To act as the role model for leadership within the company, to support and lead the operational team, to help team members to develop and grow in their jobs, and to provide feedback as appropriate for that development.
- Champion the vision and represent the organization at highest level in national, regional and international engagements.
- Provide leadership in communication and advocacy functions of the organization and lead the execution of the communication and advocacy strategy with integrity and excellence.
- Ensure visibility of the organization through strong branding, communication, publications, public relations and event management support and advice to management and directors.
- Provide governance and management support in developing and deploying appropriate policies to ensure company complies with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Create and bring local and international partners that will contribute to the financial well-being and continued existence of the firm.
- Develop an integrated and cohesive approach to planning of the organization’s core programs, with sound and measurable performance indicators, leading directly to the achievements of program strategies.
- Create and build opportunities for collaborative initiatives across the programs.
- Promote innovation and cohesion across the programs.
- A First Degree in Business, Marketing, other Science or Social Science-related courses. An additional professional or postgraduate qualification will be an advantage.
- 22+ years of work experience in Production, operations management, manufacturing, Constructions, and marketing enterprise
- Strong Production, Marketing, Financial, Commercial, and wider People & organizational management skills.
- Vast experience of Sales and Marketing in Rockwool, Cladding Business, Sandwich Panels, Metro Roof, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Competencies and Experience:
- Ability to contribute to the formulation of strategic vision, to think innovatively about new approaches to complex issues, and to bridge between agricultural research and other analytic work and policy.
- Knowledge of organizational and financial policies, practices and challenges in state‐of‐the‐art research organizations.
- Excellent trust – and relationship –building skills, outstanding interpersonal skills, integrity, responsiveness, and decisiveness.
- Ability to work in partnership with other executives and senior management to achieve the above.
- Ability to identify and harness business opportunities and demonstrable experience in resource mobilization.
- Proven experience in developing strategic plans and their proper implementation
- General oversight functions, managing institutional budgets, project budgets, materials and human resources.
- Traceable experience of exceeding annual financial and other organizational targets at the previous places of work.
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Resume in MS word to: email@example.com using ‘General Manager’ as the subject of the email.