Ambassadors of Dialogue, Climate and Reintegration is a voluntary, non-government, not-for-profit, and non-sectarian organization (gender focus), that is working in the area of peace-building, climate change, and reintegration. Established in 2016 and registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in August 2018, our mission is to educate and empower citizens, especially women, youths and, children to be able to shape their society and become more responsive to social, economic, political and environmental transformations. DCR Ambassadors envision a world where human life has esteemed value and worth, citizens have equal opportunities, and people are free from oppression, violence, and disasters. We can drive social change through advocacy, community mobilizing for action, capacity building, livelihood support, education, and strengthening democratic governance structures through dialogues.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
The Finance Assistant is to assist the Finance officer by managing the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, responsible for Cash processing and record-keeping of the day to day transactions in accordance with DCR Ambassadors policies and procedures.
- To assist the Finance Officer in ensuring that timely and accurate payments are made.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of payment documents in compliance with DCR ambassadors, donor policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with distinct teams for advance issuance and their timely adjustment of advances, trainings and documentation.
- Ensure completeness of supporting documents in all respect which includes authenticity of signatures, cross-checking attendance sheets, and verifying payments made to beneficiaries
- Posting all vouchers into transaction spreadsheet on daily basis for review by the Finance Officer and ensure that all information in the spreadsheet is correct and complete.
- Processing of petty cash transactions on daily basis and ensure petty cash is replenished on time to meet daily cash needs.
- Carry out cash count as per the DCR Ambassadors’ policy and schedule and document the cash count sheets for records.
- Prepare all payments and make sure that they are properly coded and supported with relevant necessary documents.
- Assist Finance office in monthly bank & account reconciliation.
- Ensure all the financial documents are properly filed and Paid stamping of all the invoices and related documents before filing.
- Ensure timely preparation of tax challan & deposit into the bank.
- Visit the Bank for necessary collection & submission of financial documents.
- Photocopies & scanning of all necessary documents/Instruments.
- Perform any other task assign by the line manager.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of three years of Finance experience preferably in NGO is mandatory.
- Honesty and strong commitment.
- Accuracy in record checking.
- Ability to work as part of the team.
- IT skills including MS Office & Accounting applications.
- Fluency in English ( spoken and written), Hausa, and Kanuri
Application Closing Date
22nd December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and a Motivation Letter to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only complete application packages will be considered. Female candidates are encouraged to apply