Ambassadors of Dialogue, Climate and Reintegration is a voluntary, non-government, not-for-profit, and non-sectarian organization (gender focus), that is working in the area of peace-building, climate change, and reintegration. Established in 2016 and registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in August 2018, our mission is to educate and empower citizens, especially women, youths and, children to be able to shape their society and become more responsive to social, economic, political and environmental transformations. DCR Ambassadors envision a world where human life has esteemed value and worth, citizens have equal opportunities, and people are free from oppression, violence, and disasters. We can drive social change through advocacy, community mobilizing for action, capacity building, livelihood support, education, and strengthening democratic governance structures through dialogues.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Director
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day administration of DCR Ambassadors. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing human resources, programs, and strategic plan of the organization.
- She is expected to establish contact with donors and development corporations towards fundraising, grant making, community outreach and marketing of the organisation to the public.
- The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Trustee Board Governance: She works to provide secretariat support to the Trustee Board to fulfill the organization’s mission:
- She is responsible for leading staff/volunteers/interns/consultants in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s vision and mission as defined by the Board of Trustees.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Trustee Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial stability of the organization:
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support DCR Ambassadors’ vision and mission.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the organization, including submission mission Trustee Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with the Trustee Board and staff to ensure that the mission and vision of the organization are fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach:
- Responsible for implementation of the organizations’ programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the organization can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of DCR Ambassadors’ image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professionals, civic and private organizations.
Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate:
- Responsible for hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for effective administration of DCR Ambassadors’ operations.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Actual Job Responsibilities
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Trustees to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Serve as DCR Ambassadors’ primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance DCR Ambassadors’ Mission.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Oversee Projects/Programs and other communications efforts.
- Oversee organization Trustee Board, and Management Committee meetings.
- Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and the day-to-day operation of the Organisation.
- Review and approve all service contracts.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Trustees.
Professional Qualifications / Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Five or more years of senior nonprofit management experience.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Trustees.
- High-level strategic thinking and planning.
- Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers, and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers, and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies, and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making, and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Fluency in English ( spoken and written), Hausa and Kanuri
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and a Motivation Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only complete application packages will be considered. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.