Proten International – Our client in the Agricultural Industry is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Key Responsibilities / Requirements
Finance Strategy and Risk Management:
- Develop and continuously iterate the organizations fund raising and financial control and risk management strategy by liaising with key operational leaders to identify gaps and propose innovative solutions. Examples would include leveraging a technology platform to enable potential financiers transparency on the risks they are taking with their portfolios.
- Lead risk management by analyzing BG’s liabilities and investments.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems and ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government authorities.
- Report risk issues to the finance & audit committee of the board of directors.
- Lead all operations including but not limited to Corporate Finance, Financial Control, Audit, Treasury & Finance Operations, Tax and Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Working with our clients Labs, oversee the development and implementation of a digital transformation strategy to accelerate the scalability of our clients model, while improving our risk management and financial controls.
- Lead all relevant 3rd party relationships including investors, banking relationships, auditors etc
- Build, develop, evaluate and retain a highly-qualified team of finance professionals.
- Ensure that the organization has strong control systems with clear policy violation guidelines.
Leadership and Team Development:
- Foster a culture of transparency and accountability in the Finance department.
- Develop and maintain a plan that provides for succession and continuity in the most critical Finance positions.
- Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement and control plan for overall business operations, while supporting the finance teams to meet business needs.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
Implementing and Scaling Financial Controls and Risk Management Systems in Supply Chain/Logistics:
- Deep leadership experience in a supply chain and logistics-intensive organization that has leveraged a digital transformation strategy to accelerate rapid scale, while maintaining strong financial controls and risk management systems.
Built a Platform to Channel Large Amounts of Capital to SMEs:
- Deep leadership experience working with third party organizations to unlock over $100 million in capital to SMEs, leveraging digital solutions.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Unlocking Potential of Team Members:
- Extensive experience and passion for coaching mentoring a team.
Detailed Orientation and Managing Complexity:
- Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify root cause of issues and create innovative solutions
Location and Travel:
- Work Remotely form Current Base
- Our client currently operates a decentralized model with 10 offices spread across Nigeria.
- Role would be based remotely in the location within time zone GMT -1 to GMT + 5. However, despite location, candidate would be expected to be accessible by their team via video conference during normal working hours in Lagos Nigeria from 9am – 6pm GMT+1.
Travel 20% of Time to Nigeria:
- Role would require an estimated 2 – 3 weeks of travel per quarter to Lagos, Nigeria with limited travel to Northern Nigeria.
- Role would also require additional travel to partner sites across the globe.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
N25,000,000 – N35,000,000 per annum.
Application Closing Date
29th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online