The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an international non-profit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore that supports CIHEB to strengthen health systems and reduce the spread and impact of HIV / AIDS. Currently, MGIC has offices in Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Health Informatics
- The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is seeking a Director, Health Informatics to lead strategic information interventions for an upcoming program in Nigeria.
- This is a full-time position supporting an anticipated five-year project. The position is contingent upon award.
- The Director, Health Informatics will ensure the implementation of Health Information Systems (HIS) best practices in alignment with country, donor and organizational policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and lead project initiatives and provide technical assistance related to scaling up the implementation and maintenance of the National Data Repository / Electronic Medical Record (NDR).
- Oversee HIS assessments and development of solutions to address identified gaps
- Develop capacity building plans for facility, state and national ministry staff in implementing HIS.
- Establish requirements of data sets for analysis, data dictionaries, metadata and dashboards.
- Provide technical assistance in HIS at national, state and facility level.
- Oversee development and implementation of annual work plans for HIS components of the project.
- Support M&E planning to answer key questions including assisting in the development and tracking of indicators.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the various partners / stakeholders.
- MS in Epidemiology or Microbiology, MPH, Computer Science or other relevant technical advanced degree.
- At least 7 years’ experience in implementing HIS programs, with at least 3 focused on HIV programs.
Application Closing Date
6th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online