Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Director, Nigeria, In-Country Logistics, USAID Next Generation GHSC Suite of Programs
Job Ref.: req10413
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The Country Director for the In-Country Logistics project will be responsible for the administration and management of the local team and will serve as USAID’s main point of contact in country.
- The Country Director will support timely implementation across all activities by working with technical leads, operations staff, and the leadership team in HQ to maintain a general organizational order of all ongoing activities.
- This role requires strong project management and organizational skills and an understanding of how to translate theories of change and project workplans into day-to-day activities to achieve desired outcomes to ensure project success.
- The Country Director will also manage in-country project staff by providing direct supervision to senior project leadership. She / he will work closely with field office technical and administrative leaders and headquarters-based staff in the United States.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as key point of contact for day-to-day program management. Oversee and manage country team to ensure project implementation runs smoothly.
- Lead the development and execution of high-quality country strategic plan relevant to the local context and reflecting the global priorities.
- Oversee the recruitment, orientation, and performance of senior staff and development of middle management staff.
- Collaborate with field office technical leaders to ensure all workplan activities are not only taking place as planned but are also of high quality.
- Liaise between technical and ops teams to ensure activity plans are translated into contracts, consultancies, travel, etc., and support financial management by ensuring case forecasts and spending reports reflect planned / completed technical activities.
- Oversee project workplanning, budgeting, and progress / financial reporting, in collaboration with country team, technical, and HQ staff.
- Interface with clients and other project stakeholders, to plan, implement, review, and report on projects and deliverables or products as needed.
- Ensure staff compliance with project guidelines and SOPs.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Extensive experience in international development working with donors (including USAID) is required.
- Significant experience as a Chief of Party or in a senior leadership position of a project that is implemented at the country level that required the assembling, managing, and supervising complex teams. 5 years’ experience with global health (supply chain management, procurement, warehousing or logistics) programs strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain, 4PL, and 3PL logistics, including experience with LMIS, WMIS, TMIS, and control tower software.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and collaborating with stakeholders including government agencies, host country governments and counterparts, and international donor agencies.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience in monitoring and documenting project activities and outcomes.
- Ability to exercise leadership, build teams, maintain effective communication, motivate, and generate commitment within a team.
- Knowledge of USG procurement regulations,
- Excellent written and spoken English and ability to communicate across technical disciplines and non-technical audience required.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online