Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Consultant Event – Based Surveillance Analyst
- The Jhpiego Nigeria Country Office seeks a candidate for a full-time analyst position focused on carrying out a full range of complex epidemiologic and surveillance activities associated with event-based surveillance (EBS) systems and associated alert and response operations (ARO) at the Nigeria CDC. This position works 40 hours a week.
- The analyst will be hired by Jhpiego and assigned to the Connect Centre and/or Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) at NCDC headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting Nigeria’s public health.
- Support development and review of scripts and checklist for call agents
- Conduct routine surveillance using digital surveillance platforms, such as EIOS and TATAFO, to detect signals of unusual or unexpected events
- Support the Connect Centre/EOC in the verification of events
- Support the Connect Centre/EOC in outbreak investigation and response activities
- Register and log signals/events and their associated follow up actions into NCDC’s event management system (SITAware)
- Support the development and implementation of epidemic intelligence products, such as daily EBS reports, situation reports, maps, dashboards, and other data visualizations
- Monitor and evaluate uptake and performance of new and existing EBS technologies and products
- Liaise with NCDC surveillance staff supporting indicator-based surveillance (IBS) systems such as SORMAS
- Development of concepts and strategy/SOPs for subnational EBS deployment and implementation
- Development/improvement and standardization of training materials/SOPs/manual
- Carry out other tasks that may be assigned by the Director of Surveillance or the DG of NCDC
Period of Performance:
- The position will be for an initial period of 12 months renewable subject to performance and availability of funds. Proposed start date is January 2021.
- The EBS Analyst will report to the Head of EBS unit and Director of Surveillance
- Advanced degree in Health Communications, public health, or related field, with at least five years of professional experience
- Strong skills in script writing, social media and prior experience working communications organizations or call centers
- Experience in designing and implementing health communications program
- Knowledge of digital disease surveillance platforms
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Information Technology
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to interact and communicate well with a multi-disciplinary team
- Detail-oriented work ethics
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external partners, including international partners
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Consultant Event – Based Surveillance Analyst” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org