African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Integrity Officer, PIAC.1
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50076309
The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the ADB and the ADF.
The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President (PRST0); Independent Development Evaluation Department (BDEV); Office of Integrity and Anti-Corruption (PIAC); Compliance Review and Mediation Unit (BCRM); Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR); Office of the Auditor General (PAGL); Group Risk Management Directorate (PGRM); General Counsel and Legal Services Department (PGCL); Communication and External Relations Department (PCER); Staff Integrity and Ethics Office (PETH) and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat (PSEG).
The Hiring Department and Division
- The Office of Integrity and Anti-Corruption (PIAC) plays an integral role in achieving this mandate by protecting the Bank’s corporate image and reputation, and improving the continent’s investment climate through the deterrence, prevention and reduction of fraud, corruption, staff misconduct and other harmful practices within the Bank Group.
- PIAC has the overriding mandate developing preventive measures to reduce fraud and corruption in bank operations, to undertake unhindered investigations into allegations of corruption, fraud and other malpractices in Bank Group Financed Operations, conduct investigations into allegations of misconduct involving staff members of the Bank.
- The Integrity and Prevention Division has the overriding mandate of developing preventive measures to proactively reduce the potential for staff misconduct, fraud or corruption within Bank Group financed operations.
- The Senior Integrity Officer plays a role in assisting the establishment of Bank-wide view of fraud by compiling fraud types from investigation and integrity review reports (into a single file) and analysing them to provide relevant recommendations/strategies for fraud prevention and to enhance integrity in Bank Finance operations.
- In this context, the Senior Integrity Officer shall maintain the highest standard of professional proficiency and integrity; and shall be guided by the ethos of confidentiality, fairness, equity and due diligence.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Division Manager, the Senior Integrity Officer shall carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in undertaking Fraud Risk Assessments and prevention efforts in the Bank;
- Participate in monitoring and follow-up of anti-corruption recommendations contained in Management Implication Reports and other Referral Reports issued by PIAC;
- Assist in reviewing compliance of companies as a result of the Bank’s Sanctioning processes before they are released from debarment;
- Participate in the mainstreaming of anti-money laundering, into Bank Group operations in collaboration with relevant units within the Bank and in member countries;
- Assist in maintaining the Banks debarment and cross-debarment database and provide advisory opinions on debarments to operational departments.
- Participate in the review of project management systems and procedures to detect indicators of fraud and corruption and other integrity risks;
- Contribute to the development of proactive mechanisms to promote prevention of integrity risks in the Bank Group’s private sector lending activities;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of proactive strategies which prevent fraud and corruption in the Bank Group;
- Prepare and conduct programs on outreaching activities on anti-fraud and anti-corruption awareness, detection and prevention;
- Assist the division to developing tools to enhance due diligence practices and make recommendations for measures or institutional reforms to close loopholes and ensure compliance with Bank Group policies and applicable international conventions.
- Assist in collaborating in multilateral efforts to mitigate the risks of fraud or corruption in development activities;
- Assist in the preparing annual activity report on the activities of the Division and its publication;
- Support the division’s effort in enhancing external action in the fight against fraud and corruption by conducting fraud and corruption awareness and publicity programs in RMCs, and provide relevant training for Bank employees in the field offices and for external partners;
- Assist in preparing the Division’s Annual Report;
- Undertake other assignments upon demand.
- At least a Master’s degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Procurement, Accounting, Auditing and / or a related field;
- Professional qualification in Certified Fraud Examination (CFE) or Certified Internal Auditor would be an added advantage;
- A minimum of 5 (five) years’ extensive and progressive experience in the area of governance, anti-corruption and anti-fraud in government, private or civil society sector, a multi-lateral development financial institution or relevant development organization;
- Experience in working and living in Africa (desirable);
- Strong time management and document management skills with fine attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills;
- Strong and proven ability to write, present and report clearly;
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical ability; attention to detail and ability to work independently and manage challenges;
- Integrity and strong interpersonal skills, with and proven ability to work in a team to develop trust and demonstrate fairness;
- Integrity and Honesty;
- Superior interpersonal skills with ability to relate to employees and management at all levels;
- Problem solving;
- Team working;
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English or French;
- Ability to speak and write effectively in both English and French (desirable)
- Competence in the use of the Bank’s standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Application Closing Date
6th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position is classified as international recruitment and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and / or a screenshot showing the problem, to HR Direct via: HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.