Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Project – A new project with international development funding is currently seeking suitable candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Job Type: Sabbatical Position & also open to qualified and experienced development practitioner in WEE
- A new project with international development funding is currently seeking a Project Coordinator with exceptional skills in gender equality programming, women’s economic empowerment and ideally with experience in project management. The Project Coordinator is responsible for leading the women’s economic empowerment programing, including the day-to-day project management, research as well as stakeholder engagement.
- This position holder will provide ongoing supervision, leadership, support, guidance and mentorship to the WEE team technical staff and partner teams in women’s economic empowerment programming;
- Supervise and coordinate the Project management cycle of a complex of activities in the project’s portfolio;
- Liaise and provide support to project teams and partners on day-to-day matters;
- Ensure that the project is on track, achieving objectives and is compliant with policies and procedures;
- Provide technical and strategic assistance to the project, especially in the areas of economic planning and gender analysis;
- Lead in the preparation of high-quality narrative reports to ensure accountability to the funcler.
This position is open to a University based Economist on Sabbatical for 1 year. This position is also open to a qualified and experienced development practitioner in WEE.
- Minimum of post-graduate qualifications in Economics; Public Finance; International Development Studies; Women’s Studies; or a similar social science discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing projects/programmes in areas such as gender transformation, women’s rights, women’s economic empowerment
- Experience In gender analysis and gender eqUal[ty activity design
- Experience facilitating participatory and collaborative approaches to move teams and partners towards results
- Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Knowledge sharing
- Experience working with Results-Based Management tools
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong publication record.
Application Closing Date
5th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter, CV and Writing Sample to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Women are especially encouraged to apply.
- This position is open to a University based Economist on Sabbatical for 1 year. This position is also open to a qualified and experienced development practitioner in WEE.