Ambassadors of Dialogue, Climate and Reintegration is a voluntary, non-government, not-for-profit, and non-sectarian organization (gender focus), that is working in the area of peace-building, climate change, and reintegration. Established in 2016 and registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in August 2018, our mission is to educate and empower citizens, especially women, youths and, children to be able to shape their society and become more responsive to social, economic, political and environmental transformations. DCR Ambassadors envision a world where human life has esteemed value and worth, citizens have equal opportunities, and people are free from oppression, violence, and disasters. We can drive social change through advocacy, community mobilizing for action, capacity building, livelihood support, education, and strengthening democratic governance structures through dialogues.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 2 years
Reports to: Finance / Administration Manager
- The Procurement Officer will oversee the organization’s supply of products and services.
- Procurement Offices’ responsibilities include strategizing to find cost-effective deals and suppliers, discover the best ways to cut procurement expenses so that the organization can invest in growth and people.
- Coordinate and facilitate the procurement requirements of the program officer based on the procurement policy guidelines.
- Pre-qualification of suppliers as provided in the procurement policy
- Compliance with procurement procedures as provided in the Field Operations Manual.
- Create purchase orders, ensuring relevant procurement procedures have been applied and all supporting documentation is attached
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the organization
- Ensuring that invoices received reconcile to purchase orders and created and matching receipts to purchase orders
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
Qualifications and Skills
- University Degree in Business Administration or equivalent,
- Diploma in procurement and Supply Chain management or logistics
- Computer applications in Excel, Word and in particular Oracle i-Procurement and Oracle Purchasing Module
- Adaptable, flexible, able to take initiative and prioritize among competing demands
- A good team player with strong interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, and ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and on strict deadlines and in a multicultural setting
- Proven working experience as a procurement manager, procurement officer or head of procurement
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Work experience in a reputable NGO in a similar or equivalent job for at least five years
- Fluency in English ( spoken and written), Hausa or Kanuri
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV a Motivation Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- DCR Ambassadors is an equal opportunity employer and we believe in gender balance, it is therefore strongly advised that females apply for this role.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.