Lex Artifex LLP is a business and commercial law firm in Nigeria serving its clients internationally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lawyer
Roles & Responsibilities
The role holder will:
- Coordinate the provision of legal advisory services for the law firm on matters of intellectual property law, legal due diligence, debt recovery, corporate and commercial law, litigation, etc.
- Operate from the Federal Capital Territory, especially from the axis of Area 1, Abuja.
- Articulate and develop the law firm’s strategy, strategic objectives, and provide support in its execution.
- Coordinate the execution of the law firm’s work program and plans.
- Keep abreast of changes and practice procedures in intellectual property law and in other fields of business law.
- Provide advisory services on issues that relate to legal and regulatory procedures.
- Advise on and take action on all assigned law firm clients’ matters.
- Be knowledgeable with global trends in trademark, patent, and industrial design matters.
- Take and maintain safe custody of all original and copies of law firm documents as well as clients’ documents.
- Represent the law firm before courts, tribunals, and at government ministries, departments and agencies.
- Manage relationships for the law firm with government lawyers and private lawyers.
- Ensure timely processing of all law firm and clients’ matters.
- Keep the law firm up to date with all pending matters that directly or indirectly affect the law firm’s clients.
- Ensure that all necessary statutory documents and returns are made under relevant legislation and filed with the relevant regulatory authorities.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Chairman of the law firm.
- Must be called to the Nigeria Bar.
- Must be mature with a high level of confidentiality, responsibility, and discipline.
- Must be male, with a sense of innovativeness, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to make representations on behalf of the law firm.
- Should have an understanding of business law, especially intellectual property law.
- Willingness to work extra hours when required in order to achieve set goals.
- Ability to work remotely without supervision.
- Must have an excellent understanding of the objectives and principles of an international business law firm.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.