Guinness Nigeria PLC is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Division – Central
Ref No: JR1042177
Location: Benin, Edo
Worker Type: Regular
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
- The Head of Division (HOD) is responsible for overall management and delivery of business goals within the division.
- This role provides leadership expertise to the team, ensures efficient and focused sales strategies are in place to achieve the business strategy, growth and profit objectives. The key role metrics are:
- Responsible for Divisional Field Salesforce overhead budget and effective use of all Marketing spend to optimize volume and sales force effectiveness: Divisional NSV, Tactical Budget, POS and expenses management
- Division geographically based with total salesforce of 30 – 100 employees with between 5 – 8 direct reports who are predominantly Area Sales Managers
- Has oversight responsibility over all other roles sitting in the Division
- Part of the Commercial Leadership Team
- Create possibilities: overcome objections by creating ideas and opportunities to enable you and others to go beyond the existing situation. Stand in the future for both the market and Diageo to shape that future by working within and outside established approaches
- Create conditions for people for succeed: build alignment and commit to delivering outstanding relationships. A great coach who creates a proactive, supportive and challenging climate of individual development where excellence is expected. Sets performance objectives; directing individual/team contributions toward business objectives and manages change sensitively by giving clear directions and encouraging others to approach during times/issues of uncertainty.
- Consistently delivers great performance: Moves effectively between strategic and operational details yet stays focused on priorities and demonstrates rigor and brilliant execution. Builds timeframes and allocates resources to address capability gaps while staying informed of capability strengths and development areas across the Commercial function
- Achieve profitable volume/market share target for the Division with responsibility for business growth and capability development of key partners within the Division
- Revise strategies accordingly to win in the market based on sales performance and ensure outlet execution standards are achieved for the Division
- Ensure trade spend is deployed to gain full return on our investment and achieve sales of the right mix in SKU’s to produce a profitable Division
- Responsible for managing and enhancing the corporate reputation of Guinness Nigeria via adherence to corporate governance procedures
- Coach and train team members in line with monthly activities checklist; identify training needs of direct reports and works with Capability team to build team’s capability to ensure a talent pipeline
- A strong track record in Sales at a management level, with experience in at least two areas of Sales – particularly critical is previous experience of Field Sales or other customer facing roles
- Broad commercial expertise gained across Consumer Marketing and / or Sales Management
- Strong leadership and communication skills –written and verbal
- Previous experience in leading/managing others, delivering results through teams and strong track record as a coach. Experience in change management is particularly advantageous
- Strong capability and ability to coach others in Execution Standards, Managing Relationships (including negotiation skills), Sales Force Effectiveness, Outlet Segmentation and Targeted Trade Investment. This role is particularly important in championing our Responsible Drinking agenda
- Previous exposure to strategy development is valuable. Strong project management skills, commercial and financial capability are important.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online