Ambassadors Of Dialogue, Climate and Reintegration is a voluntary, non-government, not-for-profit, and non-sectarian organization (gender focus), that is working in the area of peace-building, climate change, and reintegration. Established in 2016 and registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in August 2018, our mission is to educate and empower citizens, especially women, youths and, children to be able to shape their society and become more responsive to social, economic, political and environmental transformations. DCR Ambassadors envision a world where human life has esteemed value and worth, citizens have equal opportunities, and people are free from oppression, violence, and disasters. We can drive social change through advocacy, community mobilizing for action, capacity building, livelihood support, education, and strengthening democratic governance structures through dialogues.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobilizer
Locations: Jere, Konduga, Gwoza, Monguno and Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The Community Mobilizer will be responsible for working at the community level to mobilize people and material resources for formal enrollment, access, and retention of the project in Borno.
- The Community Mobilizer will be primarily field-based and will work in a team with a dedicated Project Officer for each LGA of the project location.
- The Community Mobilizer will work closely with Project Officer and key community members to support and organize campaigns raising awareness in the different project locations at the community level.
- Perform outreach activities in the different project locations within Borno areas covered by the project, including community-based awareness-raising sessions on the importance of prevention of Gender-Based Violence ( GBV)
- Carry out a follow-up of cases of GBV actions in the Borno within the project location, response, reception
- Collaborate in the dissemination of information to people and survivors of GBV, on their rights and the importance of reporting such cases, including social benefits and access to public policies, as well as the right to protection in the case of gender-based violence, gender identity, and sexual orientation
- Monitor and participate in internal and external meetings (with partners), when designated
- Collaborate in the mobilization of meetings, activities, projects, and inter-sector initiatives
- Record meetings, activities, projects, and interagency initiatives through minutes and reports
- Collaborate in the organization of meetings and events (scheduling and confirmation of participation, preparation of material, identification of logistics needs, preparation and management of attendance lists, presentation files, etc.)
- Collaborate in the follow-up of the actions and referrals of the deliberations of the meetings and other activities, in coordination with the team
- Collaborate on the improvement and updating of shared files for each of the projects, initiatives, activities in the area, offered to the partners, when applicable
- Collaborate in collecting data, information, and /or bibliography, whenever necessary
- To systematize and analyze information and/or documentation related to projects, initiatives, and activities of the area for the project cycle2021- 20202 to subsidize the production of internal reports
- Support in the cataloging and archiving of the physical documentation of the projects, in coordination with the Program Officer
- To collect data and relevant information on the situation of women and young persons in the context of the project specifications.
- Carry out other activities when requested by the coordination.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Professional with a degree in Psychology, Social Work or related areas and/or equivalence in professional experience
- Motivation/ Teamwork / Organization and Planning / Adaptability and Flexibility / Innovation and Creativity / Inspirational Leadership / Analytical Capacity / Gender Sensitive
- Strong and effective communication skills, used to speak in public and work dynamically with adults.
- Knowledge of community capacity building.
- At least 1 year of experience: Participatory community development principles, conduct outreach activities, conduct assessments, and data entry, women and vulnerable people, experience in a similar positions
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Minimum experience of 3 years of work in psychosocial care, participatory community development principles, conduct outreach activities, conduct assessments and data entry, women and vulnerable people, experience in a similar positions
- Experience in human rights, gender-based violence activisms
- Initiative, capacity to organize, coordinate and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze and synthesize written communication
- Ability to work in teams, openness to respond positively to different points of view and criticisms regarding their performance, as well as make necessary adjustments.
- Experience in the context of emergencies is desirable
- Knowledge of concepts and debates related to issues of human rights and gender equality
- Community Mobiliser’ the position for a female preferred candidate who speaks kanuri/local language and is familiar with Jere, Konduga, Gwoza, Monguno and Maiduguri
- Fluency (oral and written) in English, Hausa, and Kanuri required.
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- DCR Ambassadors is an equal opportunity employer and we believe in gender balance, it is therefore strongly advised that females apply for this role.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.