angote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Information Technology Officer (Line 5 Cement Industry)
Ref Id: ObajanaIT001
Location: Obajana, Kogi, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- Assist in the management of network infrastructure and implementation of network solutions at DCP plants in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to end users of DCP’s IT network infrastructure at the plants.
- Implement approved frameworks and mechanisms for maximizing network performance and reducing network associated risks.
- Liaise with the Plant IT Coordinator to implement network control frameworks at DCP plants to ensure the integrity of DCP’s network.
- Serve as a technical resource and first-level escalation point at DCP plants for complex network related issues.
- Provide server, IP network and IP Private Branch Exchange (IP PBX) support at DCP plants.
- Suggest strategies for managing anticipated downtimes to reduce the impact on business operations.
- Undertake routine preventive measures and implement, maintain and monitor network security.
- Install, upgrade and configure network printers, directory structures, user access, security software and file services.
- Ensure regular update of the configuration management system.
- Oversee the setup of user accounts, permissions, passwords, and allocation of network resources.
- Monitor network usage at plants and ensure user compliance with approved guidelines.
- Monitor the maintenance and update of the configuration management system to track configuration management items (i.e., hardware, software, and network).
- Ensure integrity of LAN/ WAN security at the plant, in liaison with the Group LAN/ WAN Support Engineer.
- Perform LAN/ WAN support functions down to the last line of support, before escalating to third-party service providers/ vendors.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Plant IT Coordinator.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Good working knowledge of IT networking solutions.
- Working knowledge of Cisco routers and switches.
- Working knowledge of network management and security systems.
- Working knowledge of remote access solution and proxies.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP protocol.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online