The Riverbank School is committed to raising God fearing Child leaders who would aim for excellence in all their endeavours. We offer a Christian and family approach to care and education that will ensure full academic potential is realized in every individual. We therefore ensure that members of staff are dedicated and hardworking staff who are committed to safeguarding and promoting the security and welfare of children.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Humanities Teacher
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting to: Head of Department, Humanities
- To carry out the professional duties of a school teacher including the delivery of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and the provision of support of a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- The successful applicant must be able to monitor and support the overall progress and development of students, contribute to raising standards of student attainment, facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- To teach Humanities, ensuring that all lessons are planned with clear aims and objectives and that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies.
- To encourage all students to be actively engaged in their own learning and in reviewing their progress against targets, taking into consideration, the differing ability of students and differentiating work accordingly.
- To deal with inappropriate behaviour quickly and effectively according to the school policy.
- To set appropriate tasks and challenges for homework according to the published timetable, and ensure that it is regularly marked with constructive feedback.
- To keep careful records of student progress in line with departmental and school policy.
- To ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom, which is changed frequently.
- To keep work areas tidy and well organised.
- To attend scheduled meetings in the Department and School.
- To work with colleagues in the Department to formulate plans which have coherence and relevance to the needs of the individual students and to the aims and objectives of the School
- To maintain good order and discipline among the students, safeguarding their health and safety.
- Contribute to the development and coordination of a particular area of the curriculum.
- To ensure that school policies are reflected in daily practice.
- To continue professional development, maintaining a portfolio of training undertaken.
- To support the Head of School in promoting the ethos of the school.
- To promote the welfare of children and to support the school in safeguarding children through relevant policies and procedures.
- To promote equality as an integral part of the role and to be courteous to colleagues, visitors, treating everyone with fairness and dignity.
- To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the Schools Health and Safety policy and any school-specific procedures / rules that apply to this role.
- A good Degree from a recognized Tertiary Institution.
- Must be well experienced in teaching the Cambridge Checkpoint/ IGCSE curriculum as well as the English National curriculum.
- PGCE/ PGDE would be an added advantage.
- Evidence of prior experience as an excellent Subject Teacher and strong subject knowledge across Key Stages.
- Must be enthusiastic, result-driven and committed to raising the level of student achievement.
- Must exhibit strong and passionate understanding of education and of curriculum development
- Effective time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Demonstrable IT literacy to oversee reporting and communication systems.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online