GBC Professional Services – One of our prestigious clients in the Hospitality / Resort outfit is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Accounts & Admin
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Oversees the accounts/admin department and reports to the General Manager
- Manage all accounting transactions, journals and ledgers.
- Attend to all external correspondences of the company for the GM’s review and signature
- Weekly and monthly accounting records and report of sales
- Custodian of all admin and accounting records. Retrieval of records, when the need arises, should be seamless, flawless and stress-free.
- Prepare budget forecasts in relation to the available information
- Produce financial statements on time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closing adjustments
- Payroll management; salaries, other emoluments and deductions
- Reconcile accounts payables and receivables
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Partime in the interview, recruitment and selection process of employing new staff (at the discretion of the management)
- Safe keep of employees’ record and files
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns while liaising with the company’s tax consultant.
- Advice to management on all accounting and tax issues
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Update internal accounting databases and spreadsheets
- Scepticism in dealing with financial transactions and documents before seeking for management approvals
- Leadership and supervisory role in ensuring cleanliness and orderliness of the business environment.
- Food and drinks costing template determination at internal and as needed.
- Ensuring that all work tools are in good condition
- Communicate management’s directives to staff through INTERNAL MEMOs
- May be required to draft MOU between the company and external parties to document the parties’ interests.
- May be required to anchor training session for young and junior officers of the company.
- May be required to take and keep minutes of weekly management meetings
- Liaise with the bank (s) to resolve issues bothering on transactions/ cashback/ salary payment etc
- Inventory count and management.
- Liaise with vendors and other external parties in the interest of the company
- Engage government tax agencies and agents in the interest of the company
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups at intervals.
- Comply with financial policies and regulations.
- Perform other functions, as may be assigned by the GM/CFO/MD.
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- 3 – 5 years Experience.
Application Closing Date
24th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their most recent CV to: email@example.com with the subject “Head, Accounts and Admin”.