First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Unit Head, Corporate Loans Disbursement & Fulfillment
- Set the overall direction and the day-to-day coordination of activities of the disbursement & collateral data capturing team to ensure optimal customer satisfaction, service excellence and regulatory compliance
- Provision of exceptional banking services to both internal and external customers of the bank through timely and accurate disbursement and collateral capturing of all Finacle Loans/ Corporate Loan Credit transactions.
- Development and implementation of best practices in loan disbursement and Fulfiment processes and procedures whilst ensuring that loan disbursement functions are efficiently done in line with the bank’s strategic requirements and credit policies
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set the operational direction and manage the day-to-day bank-wide disbursal, maintenance and collateral capturing of all Finacle loans into customer’s account.
- Achieve established unit goals within defined timelines as well as implement a measurement of acceptable staff performance to safeguard the bank’s credit portfolio.
- Develop initiatives and strategies towards improving the deliverables of the loan disbursement and collateral data management team, whilst driving and monitoring the performance of the team.
- Interpretation of approval documents and recommendation of applicable disbursement parameters/modalities
- Monitor task assignment to ensure that loan disbursement is processed within the agreed TAT and the service delivery standard of the bank is not compromised.
- Oversees the process of Preparation and prompt rendition of weekly and monthly activity performance report and other required management reports.
- Conduct investigation/inquiry on loan disbursement/related issues and respond to mails accordingly whilst ensuring effective and efficient resolution of all loan disbursement issues.
- Identify gaps, challenges and process improvement opportunities within the team.
- Follow-up with all relevant stakeholders to ensure that identified gaps are mitigated to ensure a seamless work environment and enhanced productivity.
- Manage and maintain appropriate business relationships with all stakeholders.
- Champion training programs for all branches nationwide on the post-approval checklist requirements to reduce overall rejection rates and improve integrity of loan data supplied.
- Manages and delivers loan obligor portfolio utilization report/returns for the bank
- Oversees the process of effective delivery of relative fund utilization account reconciliation
- Oversees the process of rendition of necessary periodical loan disbursement account proofing
- Propose updates to the Head Corporate Loans Processing Department on documented policies, processes and procedures as well as identified process improvement opportunities in the team for implementation and enhanced productivity.
- Oversees the process of effective administration of effective operational risk management responsibilities as it affects the Loan Disbursement and Fulfilment team
- As part of the Bank’s Information Security requirements, maintaining the security of all Information entrusted to the staff and ensuring compliance with the principles and policies in the Information Security Handbook.
- Minimum Education: HND / BSc in any discipline
- Minimum experience: 12 years of Relative Banking and Loan Management Experience.
Application Closing Date
25th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online