HumAngle is the African Daily Newspaper focused on insecurity and humanitarian values. The reporting from HumAngle Media is delivered for public and special access in digital print and visual broadcast editions, featuring breaking news, analysis, and factual commentary.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
- Budget preparation from detailed concept notes and projects. (Essential)
- Preparation of payroll, invoices, and addressing discrepancies.
- Financial reporting and accounting.
- He or she works with the junior Accountant to coordinate and manage the company’s financial operations and implementation of activities.
- Provide the necessary support to auditors and other statutory examiners.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare periodic tax returns, ensuring compliance with remittances, reporting, and other requirements for WHT, VAT, and Company Income Tax, etc.
Educational and Work Experience:
- B.Sc or HND in Finance / Accounting
- Professional certification in Accounting (ACA, ACCA).
- 4 – 6 years of relevant work experience in Accounting and Administration.
- Experience with NGO, media House, or Government projects.
- Knowledge of accounting software, i.e., QuickBooks, SAGE.
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages; Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal skills to relate workwise with ethnically diverse employees, consultants, and clienteles.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online