Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Manager – Regional Security Operations
- To effectively handle all security operational activities, liaise and manage relations with government security agencies, also interface with Government Regulatory Agencies i.e. LGAS and State Governments, work permit community activities and contractors in order to minimize disruptions and ensure continuity of business operations in the region.
- To effectively manage the Security Operations and Administration within Lagos and West Regions (Lagos East, Lagos West, Lagos Central, Lagos North, West West and West Central Zones) of the country, by developing the framework for supervising the various Security Service Providers, and equally coordinating the activities of the Regional Security Specialists in the Region.
Motivate and manage security resources at the region to ensure safety and security of Airtel’s assets and machineries:
- Prioritizes the allocation of security resources to high-risk, high impact issues
- Proactive and holistic enhancement of security across the Region.
- Overall responsibility for the Security Infrastructures in the Region.
- Coordinate Security operational activities at the region to ensure constant presence of guards at Airtel’s locations
- Oversee and supervise site-specific security procedures within the region
- Performance evaluation for the various security service providers within the region
- Regular interface between central security and the region
Ensure effective liaison and relationship with community leader, regional indigenes and residents in the Region:
- Serves as primary security contact in the Region and ensure adequate planning and provision of resources for appropriate security initiatives
- Anticipate and meet the challenges/needs of Airtel Networks stakeholders, including employees, contractors, communities, partners and service companies; manage security service delivery with internal business Groups
- Works with Business Groups to prepare security strategy and ensure most cost-effective service delivery.
- Communicate security issues and initiatives to business Groups and key stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Proactively work with Government Agencies, including Police, DSS, LASTMA, FRSC, TASKFORCE and Military to define and clarify roles, responsibilities and ensure that these Agencies’ actions are consistent with Airtel Networks standards
- Effective and efficient supervision of Security Service Providers in the Region.
- Ensure smooth communication and cordial relationship between company and host landlords, leaders and council of elders
- Address community relation issues arising from time to time with communities hosting operational and proposed sites
- Periodically survey host communities for the purpose of intelligence gathering and identifying relevant interest groups and principal personalities within such groups.
- Sensitize host communities of company’s social development programmes and its potential benefits to the communities
Effective and proactive Claims and Liabilities Management:
- Crisis management and planning
- Builds relationship with business Groups, identify and anticipate their needs.
- Generate periodic reports and maintain database of past, current and potential community issues, threats, demands and activities.
- Identifying and advising on potential claim and liabilities and taking pre-emptive action to avoid such claims or liabilities
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in any field (Legal background, Sociology or Psychology will be an added advantage)
- Initiative, business management and decisiveness skills
- 8 – 10 years post qualification experience in the various areas of Security Profession with a specialization in Operations, Intelligence and Surveillance, among others
- Previous experience /membership of the Nigerian Police Force or any arm of the Military or State Security Service is highly essential
- Membership of both Local and International Security Association is compulsory
- Excellent and effective written and oral communication, as well as presentation skills
- Must be a team player, confident, consistent and decisive in resolving security issues.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online