Solidarities International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016 and is present in North-Eastern part of Nigeria. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH sector in North West region of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Administrator Assistant
Location: Gusau Zamfara,
Employment Type: Full-time
- At his/her assigned base level, the log-admin assistant supports his/her line-manager in processing accounting operations, following-up Human Resources issues, implementing and supervising all logistical activities.
- In particular, he/she lends support to carrying out urgent activities and the filing and archiving of official and/or internal documents.
- He/she temporarily takes on the basic tasks of the line-manager in his/her absence
List of Main Tasks
- Train and support team members under his or her supervision
- Ensure the minimal replacement of members of the admin/log services in case of absence
- Assist in the recruitment process
- Evaluate the team members under his or her supervision
- Prepare shift planning for watchmen
Reporting / Communication:
- Participate in supervision of regulations in effect
- Support his/her line-manager in relations with local administrative authorities
Activities Related To Administration:
Administrative Management of Personnel:
- Welcome and participate in administrative briefing of new personnel
- Assist the field Coordinator for the administrative management of recruitment and hiring
- Participate in the organization of training
- Ensure archiving and monitoring of individual dossiers and deliver all documents relative to the professional life of Solidarités International employees
- Ensure the confidentiality of all HR datas
- Participate in the monitoring of work contracts on the base
- Collect payment details and integrate them into the Human resources management software (Homère)
- Issue pay slips and supervise payment of salaries after approval by the field Coordinator
- Calculate taxes and duties and create pay records for the relevant organizations
- Keep an organization chart up to date for the base
- Assist the administrative in the organization and conduct of meetings with personnel representatives
- Participate in the application of policies relating to salaries and benefits for Solidarités International
Treasury / Accounting / Management:
- Supervise the physical maintenance and safety of cash boxes
- Prepare monthly closing, revision and integrity of accounts for the base
- Issue vouchers, supervise archiving of records
- Participate in audits or any checks issued by partners or Head office, at the base level
- Participate in the consolidation of budget follow ups and cash forecasts at the base level
- Monitor due dates for payments of contracts managed by the administrative coordinator
- List liquidity needs in concert with the field Coordinator
- Carry out pay-outs and advances, within established guidelines
- Keep the registry of cash pay-outs and the cashier’s register
- Record budgetary transfers and keep accounting codes
- Verify, before recording, that records conform to regulations and procedures of Solidarités International
- Translate accounting documents if necessary
- Exchange currencies at request of superiors
- Verify cash balances daily and report any discrepancies to superior
- Archive accounting records according to Solidarités procedures after a final verification of receipts etc.
- Guarantee security of the cash and confidentiality of information
Activities Related to Logistics:
Management of Supplies:
- Update price lists and supplier databases
- Control Solidarités International purchase procedures
- Verify and process quote requests and IOFs
- Prepare and archive purchase folders
- Implement purchases, monitoring adherence to validation regulations and procedures
- Negotiate prices, deadlines and methods of delivery
- Ensure that relationships with suppliers are monitored
- Organize and supervise all logistic aspects and documentation for good/supplies transport: way-bills, packing lists, final delivery/distribution records
Management of Vehicle Fleet:
- Organize the weekly movement of vehicles
- Ensure that a toolbox and emergency kit are available onboard all vehicles and ensure drivers check the kit is always complete
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly
- Monitor the administrative documents for all vehicles
Management of Equipment / Telecommunications:
- Assist in the planning and execution of service work on generators/motor pumps
Management and Monitoring of IT Equipment:
- Update antivirus software
- Provide teams with adequate means for data backup
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
Management of Stock:
- Supervise the maintenance and securing of warehouses
- Carry out regular stock checks and physical inventories
- Ensure/Supervise the basic maintenance of premises (office and guesthouse)
- Resident of Zamfara State (position not open to delocalization)
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- Minimum of one-year experience as Log/admin or in a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.).
- Familiarity with electronic databases.
- Ability to deliver high-quality outputs in a timely manner.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa ability to read and write.
- A good listener, a good communicator, ability to prioritize and work with little supervision, team player, excellent interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday, 22nd December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Select Log / Admin Assistant – Gusau Base, Zamfara State, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Hard copy applications will also be received in our Solidarites Intenational Gusau Office at Karma Guess – Gusau not later than Tuesday 22nd December 2020!
- As the position is required as soon as possible
- Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.