Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Child Protection Information Management System (CPIMS) Assistant
Job No.: 200007BW
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
Post Type: National
Employee Status: Permanent
Reports to: CPiE Coordinator
Staff Reporting to this post: Nil
Budget Responsibilities: NA
Role Dimensions: (CP/SGBV Data Management, Programme Support)
- Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- To support implementation of Child Protection Component. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Compile the case management data and ensure timely entry into the CPIMS
- Cleaning of the data regularly to ensure accuracy of data.
- Daily back-up and synchronization of data.
- Generate weekly reports that are shared with the CPIE Coordinator to enable better management and prioritization of cases.
- Manage data from individual cases, which includes security of the data and flagging errors
- Ensure mandatory fields are correctly captured and team are guided as required before cases are entered into the system.
- Flag and Follow up of individual cases with the CPIE Coordinator
- Weekly analysis of data including achievements, duration between identification and entry, progress of the priority cases e.t.c.
- Coaching the case management team on how to correctly fill the forms.
- Participate in any other activities as may be assigned to you by supervisor from time to time.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children International policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Submit monthly reports and contribute to the timely submission of periodic reports
Behaviours (Values In Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future-orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- Information Management systems, Statistics, Data management & analytics, Educational science or Social Science background
- Must have completed NYSC
- Education to University level required
Experience and Skills:
- 1-2 year’s experience in disaster management context, International law, public health, Data Base Management and MEAL would be an advantage
- Proven documenting and report writing skills
- Good in computer skills and technology
- Work experience on working with vulnerable children and families, especially knowledge of child rights and participation
- Good understanding of the community and the cultural networks
- Experience in communication with children and developed listening skills
- Gender awareness and sensitivity
- Good in computer skills and technology
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety:
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Application Closing Date
23rd December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online