Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Coordinator
Ref No: 200007KA
Employee Status: Permanent
Team: Nigeria Country Office
Post Type: National
Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- Save The Children is looking to add a dynamic, organized Business Development Coordinator who is passionate about being a part of a global team of individuals committed to improving the lives of children in Nigeria.
- The Business Development Coordinator works as part of the Business Development Unit within the Program Development and Quality team to support proposal development, including working with the BD and other field teams on proposal development processes, development of proposal budgets and contributing to proposal writing.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: Business Development Manager
- Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Source information on potential funding opportunities.
- Work with the Business Development Manager to maintain the proposal and opportunities tracker and ensuring it is kept up to date and shared with the relevant teams.
- Prepare Go No Go Decision Guides for opportunities to ensure the Go No Go process is completed.
- Work with the Business Development Manager to monitor and track the proposal development calendar, activities and timelines for live proposals to ensure that the team, meets the established deadlines.
- Work with the Business Development Manager to hold proposal development workshops and consolidate consortia/bid team inputs to produce high-quality proposal designs.
- Work with the Business Development Manager to put together grant bid materials (proposals, presentations and concept notes) and also support management of the proposal development process of the Country Programme in close coordination with the Programmes teams.
- Conduct desk reviews to gather and analyse data for proposal development.
- Participate in assessments, data gathering and analysis to feed into proposals.
- Work with in-country teams to gather local content for proposal submission.
- Contribute to writing concept notes or different sections of the proposal narrative in response to donor requests as and when relevant.
- Work with the Proposal Costing Specialist and the finance team to develop the CAM calculators and competitive proposal budgets, to be submitted with proposals/concept notes, as well as respond to donor requests for clarification on proposal budgets.
- Work with the Proposal Costing specialist and the MEAL team to ensure that all proposal documents (narrative, budget, log frame and other required documents for submission) are aligned.
- Collaborate with the proposal team to incorporate the suggestions of proposal reviewers.
- Format and edit proposals and ensure a high-quality final products.
- Develop procurement plans in collaboration with the logistics team for approved proposals.
- Support the Business Development Manager in the capacity building and training of programme teams and local partners on proposal development.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with the technical and field teams in the proposal development process.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field required.
- Minimum of 3-4 years overall experience, including writing, analysis and budgeting experience and developing proposals in response to solicitations from donors
- Exceptional conceptual, analytical, writing, and editing skills, including knack for synthesizing large amounts of information into persuasive, clear language and graphics.
- Ability to consistently meet multiple deadlines.
Skills & Experience:
Administrative & General Skills:
- Experience writing concept notes or sections of proposals for donors.
- Excellent writing skills and a talent for writing concisely and conceptualizing ideas for graphics that convey key information.
- Experience working with budgets, synthesizing numbers and generating reports in excel.
- Experience taking part in assessments, data gathering and analysis to feed into reports.
- Experience in the development sector and knowledge of some technical areas such as humanitarian assistance, health, nutrition, protection, education, livelihoods or water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH).
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with large teams and to communicate clearly.
Skills and Behaviours (Our Values In Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Application Closing Date
29th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online