Klasha makes it easy for African consumers to shop online. We build technology that allows African consumers to easily access the goods they want on the continent. We enable payments online in local African currencies and can handle the last-mile logistics for our retail partners too. Statistically, Africa is the future, so we believe consumers on the continent should have the same frictionless access to the global e-commerce economy as consumers in the West.
Klasha was founded in Lagos, Nigeria in 2018 and is backed by Techstars, Ginco Investments and a group of notable angel investors. Klasha is run by 20-somethings from five nationalities that speak six different languages between them. Klasha has offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and Lagos, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Back End Developer
About the Job
- We are looking for an analytical, results-driven, fast-moving Java Spring Boot Back-End Developer to join our team and help to build an exciting payments and logistics startup in Africa.
- The Back-end Developer will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to build our product, write clean code, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users. You should have excellent communication, computer, and project management skills.
- To succeed as a Back-End Developer, you should be focused on building a better, more efficient program and creating a better end-user experience. You should be knowledgeable, collaborative, and motivated.
- We’re looking for a mid-senior level developer.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle.
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements.
- Provide training, help and support to other team members.
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future.
- Build and scale our product with input from other team members.
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean codes.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Conduct UI tests and optimize performance.
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve applications.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of designers, developers and system administrators.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience as an engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Programming, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Fluency or understanding of Java Spring Boot.
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Ability to move fast and adapt as the business requires.
- Strong knowledge of the African payments and logistics ecosystem.
Remuneration (The Fun Stuff)
- Competitive salary.
- Cool company perks.
- You’ll be working with a young, growing team based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Fast and expanding career progression.
- Flexible working conditions.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please apply only if you’re available to start immediately and are not working on any other contracts/ in any other roles. You must be an expert in Java Spring Boot.