Idmibok International, also known as 360 HSDC is a health community-based organization registered in Nigeria, that works in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical health, institutional and development related issues. 360 HSDC achieves this by collaborating with global and local development and private entities, such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. The organization has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in emergency environments, humanitarian activities and development in diverse environments and ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Senior Program Specialist – Public Health
Job Type: Full Time
- The Senior Program Officer is an intermediate professional position, with the primary responsibility of leading and coordinating team members in the development of quality proposals and bids
- This position may subsequently grow to encompass direct management of projects.
- Lead and coordinate the development of high-value or complex proposals or bids including proposal writing and interdepartmental coordination with Program, HR, Operations, Awards, and Finance team for proposal development.
- Support new business efforts in sourcing for and responding to RFPs, E.O.Is grants, and other funding opportunities
- Must be able to appropriately review proposals to ensure it is well synthesized and cohesive
- Cultivate business relationships with external stakeholders and potential partners for large scale or strategic funding opportunities
- Works closely with the new business team to ensure prompt response to new business leads
- Track up-coming funding opportunities, donor engagement, and proposal development process.
- Provide professional development opportunities for junior program staff. Evaluate the performance of supervisee(s) and provide constructive feedback and proactive leadership
- Serve as the primary interface for the organization and local staff to implement projects
- Achieve project requirements within budget, established time-frame, standards of quality, and donor satisfaction
- Establish, maintain, and develop a productive working relationship with field staff, supervisees, consultants at large, and other departments within 360HSDC
- Represent program management at offsite venues for the purpose of business development and information dissemination as directed
- Contribute to and inform program design, knowledge of tools towards the implementation of projects, knowledge management and thought leadership, and collection of resources.
- Work with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team to design and determine indicators, ensure that the field has the tools to monitor progress made towards indicators, periodically check in with field team on data collection and progress toward meeting objectives and share the experience with regional teams
- Monitor and evaluate project progress and performance, including reviewing deliverables, and make recommendations where project activities may need to be adjusted based on M&E results
- Travel to field offices to monitor project activities
- Work with Human Resources to source and recruit critical talent
- Support design, review/selection, and implementation of sub-awards, including review of quarterly narrative and financial reports, as well as processing invoices.
- Ensure the quality of monthly/quarterly reports.
- Provide input into annual work-plans, performance monitoring plans, and other programmatic reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Preferably in Medicine or other Health-related fields.
- Master’s Degree in International relations, Public Health, International Development.
- Experience as a Clinician is desired
- Master’s Degree in International relations, Public Health, International Development preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of overall work experience in the international development sector.
- Significant experience with budget management and oversight of large projects or multiple small projects, including projections, pipelines, and modifications.
- Experience managing and providing guidance and supervision to employees.
- Experience supporting business development efforts.
- Proposal writing and development experience essential
- Experience with program management, project design, and business development.
- Microsoft Office and Excel required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of political contexts in multiple African countries preferred.
- Field experience desirable.
Application Closing Date
6th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com with the Job Title as the subject, E.g “Senior Program Specialist”.
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.