Idmibok International, also known as 360 HSDC is a health community-based organization registered in Nigeria, that works in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical health, institutional and development related issues. 360 HSDC achieves this by collaborating with global and local development and private entities, such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. The organization has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in emergency environments, humanitarian activities and development in diverse environments and ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Supply Chain Management Advisor
Job Type: Full Time
- The Procurement / Supply Chain Officer will oversee and manage all procurement/supply chain-related projects for the organization
- S/he will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies/ materials as prescribed by contracts and for the organization, by following best practice procurement procedures, maintaining an updated list of current and incoming inventory, and be responsible for reviewing and approving purchases.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Keenly understand needs, internal and third-party policies, timeline, and fine prints of the organization’s procurement/ supply chain related projects
- Prepare robust, high-level cost analysis for project execution
- Lead in the development of procurement-related proposals
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Provide strategic leadership on Supply Chain market and risk assessment reports and recommendations for management decision
- Map the Supply Chain of selected commodities from production/point of entry to relevant markets with recommendations for management decision
- Develop and maintain an active/up-to-date database and/or shortlist of Retailers
- Participate actively and support the contracting of vendors either through new contracts or the renewal of existing ones
- Coordinate all Supply Chain/ Procurement activities and act as the Focal Person between the State Offices and Country Office on Supply Chain
- Follow-up with relevant units (i.e. Programme and Finance) for the timely commitment of funds and payment of Retailers; and proposed solutions to ease payment bottlenecks Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Ensure all purchasing dossiers are complete and properly filled before archiving;
- Monitor deliveries to the department/bases/programs
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain or related fields; Master’s Degree preferred
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a procurement/ supply chain officer in an international development organization
- Experience conducting analytical and conceptual work in support of strategy design and implementation
- Experience in analyzing and supporting the implementation of end-to-end supply chain / procurement operations
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Good verbal and written communications skills and the ability to draft and deliver timely quality evaluation reports.
Application Closing Date
6th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title as the subject, E.g “Procurement Officer”.