Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are three base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Dutse, and four sub-bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition and Health Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Direct Line Manager: Nutrition & Health Program Manager
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is recruiting a Nutrition and Health Officer who will assist in the development and implementation of appropriate nutrition-focused BCC and IYCF methodology.
- Contribute to developing program strategy in health and nutrition in consultation with the program team and other stakeholders.
- Act as a focal point in designing and implementing health and nutrition activities through behavior change communications and individual counseling/case management. Key nutrition focus areas will include but are not limited to:
- Dietary diversity.
- IYCF practices.
- WASH practices.
- Exclusive breastfeeding
- Collaborate with health centers and other nutrition-focused stakeholders in order to successfully carry out program activities
- Assist in ensuring that materials and supplies needed by health workers in AAH supported facilities are readily available
- HND / Bachelor’s degree in Health, Nutrition, Nursing, or related field with at least 2 years of similar experience in an NGO setting.
- A medical doctor with 1 year of similar experience post-NYSC may be considered
- Experience in working in donor-funded programs (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA) funded activities
- Skills in statistical and other software (MS Excel, SPSS, SPHINX, STATA, EPI Info, ENA for SMART, GIS, etc.)
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Experience in humanitarian PQA or M & E.
- Minimum Basic Salary: NGN 236,585 per month
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to the Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply