Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are four base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno, and Dutse, and three sub-bases including Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition and IYCF Assistant
Location: Bade, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
Direct Line Manager: Nutrition and IYCF Officer
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is recruiting for a Nutrition and IYCF Assistant who will represent AAH and the program within the community, Implement the nutrition CMAM & behavior change activities.
- Create awareness and sensitize the community on CMAM practices, IYCF, malnutrition, and the causes of malnutrition and treatment of malnutrition.
- Participate in the screening of children less than five years, referral and follow up of malnourished beneficiaries at the community level.
- Implement sensitization activities for targeted communities about CMAM, IYCF with support from MOH, community leaders and other key stakeholders at LGA level.
- Coordinate all activities very closely and in collaboration with MOH and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure timely submission of weekly reports, monthly reports and MUAC screening data & reports to nutrition officers for compilation.
- Organize and lead the formation of Mother to Mother Support Groups
for IYCF with the support of IYCF/Nutrition Officer.
- Minimum Diploma in a Nutrition or Community-based programming or related field.
- Minimum 1-year work experience in humanitarian contexts.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Nutrition/Health and WASH programming and community engagement;
- Capacity to work in a team of diverse culture;
- Result-oriented with strong organization, communication and planning skills;
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills) and proficiency with local languages (Kanuri, Fulani, Hausa).
- Minimum Monthly Salary: 156,995 Naira
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to the Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.