Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Complaints & Feedback Assistant
Location: Yobe, Nigeria
- To assist the Complaint Feedback Officer in working with programme staffs and beneficiaries to develop structure and methods for managing the complaints and feedback in the field as well as maintaining the integrity of information received.
- This role will also involve management of CRM database by ensuring proper documentation and aggregation of CRM data including complaints received, investigated and responded to as well as providing detailed summaries of complaints issues to feedback to the program team during monthly and quarterly meetings/reports.
Dimension of Role
- Communicates widely within Plan International Nigeria across Plan International and with implementing partners.
- The post holder with support from the CFO will ensure the collection of quality complain and feedback across the response.
- The post holder will interface and support programme team members, support programme coordination and policy engagement.
- The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex CRM system.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- Assist in programme updates for the response management and internal information sharing
- Assist CFO officer with data collection processes if needed
- Conduct field monitoring visits (including the use of the Quality benchmark/monitoring checklist) and facilitating focus group discussions
- Assist with implementation of programme evaluations (data collection)
- Support MERL in conducting assessments as needed
- Assist in handling, documenting, confidentiality and security of all informational resource related to feedback and complaints from beneficiaries
- Support Complaints and Feedback Mechanism, including communicating responses to complainants; liaise with programmes and operations to ensure prompt follow-up on feedback and complaints received
Information and Coordination:
- Support on-going monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of projects in reporting routine monitoring data against performance monitoring plans and frameworks
- Work with field teams to collect information on potential case studies and success stories
- Other duties as directed.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- BSc / HND / ND in Management, Social Research, and Development Studies or a related field or comparable addition to experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 1 years proven experience in accountability especially feedback mechanisms concepts and international humanitarian quality standards.
- Previous experience of working with NGOs.
- Experience in implementation of accountability and complaints reporting mechanisms in Nigeria.
- Experience in developing and/or managing complaints reporting mechanisms for food and cash transfer programs.
- Understand key concepts and commitments regarding accountability to affected populations (AAP), including Strong understanding of HAP, Do No Harm and other relevant global standards.
- Ethical, focused on treating complainants/ community fairly and culturally sensitive.
- Innovative and solutions-oriented.
- Building collaborative relationships with beneficiaries and the community.
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Sound analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing.
- Proficiency in English, Hausa and Kanuri languages both spoken and written.
- Understanding of monitoring processes, learning, adaptation and evaluation
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online