Title: Senior Informatic and Graphics Officer
Reports to: Knowledge management & Communications Coordinator
The Senior Informatics and Graphics officer will respond to the high demand for optics and branding by providing high level informatic and graphic expertise and guidance to Jhpiego Nigeria programs. He/She will lead and coordinate social media informatics, graphic content and development for RISE programs. Manage graphic content planning, development and dissemination. Manage data presentation and ensure excellent displays of products through innovative formats to promote visibility and branding for RISE and all other Jhpiego programs. Key areas of focus include and not limited to reproductive health, family planning, malaria, TB, HIV/AIDS, maternal, newborn & child health and urban health.
- Increase visibility and branding for Jhpiego programs – RISE and others
- Support the development and implementation of programs communication and branding activities
- Develop informatics and graphical communication tools for Jhpiego and RISE programs
- Facilitate capacity building for communication and informatic content development and display
- Develop and design appropriate work tools to improve program efficiencies e.g. forms, templates, branded materials, project materials, SOPs, Job aides, slides, tools, banners, posters, stickers, fliers, newsletter and much more
- Ensure appropriate and approved branding layout and formatting of operational guidelines and training packages and all Jhpiego and RISE program display
- Graphic design and layout finalization of edited material and preparation for final print ; liaising with printers and other service providers
- Ensure branding and graphic content development for learning sites, social media and other visibility platforms
- Develop program videos, guide documentary production and multimedia related materials
- Coordinate quality improvement of products produced by vendors as relates to program prints, communication and informatic materials
- Support and coordinate Jhpiego and RISE communication and news links and content
- Manage documentation and archiving of Jhpiego and RISE communication products (videos, picture banks, graphics materials etc)
- Manage and cordinate state teams materials development, archiving and capacity building
- Facilitate graphics, branding and communication materials for all Jhpiego and RISE events and engagement with stakeholders
- Coordinate Jhpiego and RISE event, as well as engagement with media vendors and others
- Master degree in Arts, Communications, Science or social sciences
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Sciences or social science
- 5+ years’ experience with an international development organization on public health/development related programs
- Strong knowledge and experience in design software such as illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Dream weaver, Corel draw and Acrobat painting
- Strong knowledge and experience in video designs, production and displays
- Good experience with donor branding specifications and implementation
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines
- Initiative and ability to identify needs, results and impact especially in a busy environment
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with pleasant and outgoing personality,
- Artistic ability and creativity are a must coupled with excellent verbal, written communications and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail, consistency and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment
- Computer skills – working knowledge of design software applications and word processing
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and high degree of accuracy;
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgment.
- Strong facilitation and mentoring skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and partners.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings and analyses
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Pleasant, warm and outgoing personality.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
- Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Be self motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Position&Location” as the subject of the email.
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Friday 20th November 2020
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org