Are you a student who wants to learn and pursue your education in Canada? Here is a chance for you to pursue your education abroad. Laurentian University commences providing the Laurentian University International Student Scholarships for students to excel in their education for the academic year 2021- 2022.
The scholarships are open for all high achieving international students who wish to pursue their higher education and are willing to take admission in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program at the university.
Laurentian University is a mid-sized bilingual university in Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, established on March 28, 1960. Laurentian is the largest bilingual provider of distance education in Canada. Situated near the Lake Laurentian Conservation Area, the Laurentian University campus is spread across 765 acres.
The applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
Undergraduate scholarship requirements:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Candidates must be registered in a 100% course load in two semesters (fall/winter).
- First-time seeking undergraduate enrollments.
- Candidates must pay international fees to Laurentian University.
- Scholarships are limited to students studying in open enrolment undergraduate programs only.
Acceptable course and subjects
The scholarships are open for studying undergraduate and graduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why Study at Laurentian University?
Laurentian University has an established track record in preparing graduates for a brilliant and worthwhile future. Graduates from the university stand out in the workforce with 92% finding a good job within six months of receiving their degrees. Laurentian University also has a long history of offering exciting programs and services in French. As the first bilingual university officially recognized under the French Language Services Act, the university is a proud champion of French culture and language.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Students securing an average of 90% to 100% will be receiving up to $60,000 in scholarship awards. Award money of $15,000 shall be provided the first year. Students will have to maintain their average to continue receiving the awards.
- Students securing an average of 80% to 89.9% will be receiving up to $40,000 in scholarship awards. Award money of $10,000 shall be provided the first year. Students will have to maintain their average to continue receiving the awards.
- Masters students are eligible for $600 and Ph.D. students, $1,200. Travel funds are for the duration of the student’s program and do not renew annually.
How to Apply for the Scholarship?
For applying to these scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Step 2: Apply for Scholarships
After taking affirmation, Applicants must need to submitl the Academic Excellence Scholarship form
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Applicants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum in which you studied.
Using the Certified Letter, you are asked to apply for your visas and study permits once you obtain an admission offer to Laurentian University.
Your permit of study is your document for studying and living in Canada. The period of the stay varies according to country of origin. Temporary visa (TRV) and research permits are processed in various countries. To check processing times, please refer to Immigration Canada..
Application Deadline: February 1, 2021
Contact Address: 705-675-1151 or info[at]laurentian.ca
University Location: 935, Ramsey Lake Rd. Sudbury, ON P3E 2C6