The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organisation with a mission to accompany, serve and advocate on behalf of refugees and other forcibly displaced persons. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support of an international office in Rome. Founded in November 1980 as a work of the Society of Jesus
Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA , Others
Experience 5 – 6 years
Supervisor: Director of Programmes Operations
Country of Assignment: Nigeria
Regional Directorate: West Africa
Place of Assignment: Abuja, Nigeria
The Assistant Head of Programmes is responsible for supporting the implementation of high-quality and impactful programming in all JRS Nigeria project locations in the areas of education, livelihoods, health, protection, reconciliation and psychosocial support. This includes working closely alongside with Head of Programmes through all phases of programming, including assessments, research, program design, proposal writing, work planning, activity tracking and reporting.
Key Responsibilities of the Position
- Work with Project Directors to create workplans, budget/spending plans and other program management tools to aid in the implementation and management of projects
- Track implementation of project activities to ensure that deadlines are met and activities produce quality outputs.
- Weekly monitoring of donor budgets to ensure budget and spending plans are on track and flagging of any changes to Director of Programmes Opertaions/or Country Director
- Creation and maintenance of knowledge management system and document control protocols
- Conduct research on funding opportunities, relevant data and trends in supporting refugees and IDPs from a humanitarian and development perspective.
- Assist in the research, drafting, editing, coordination and preparation of funding proposals.
- Work with logistics to identify program procurement needs and ensure timely delivery of related goods and services.
- Work with finance to identify budget lines for expenditure and provide information for accurate reporting.
- Create and maintain donor reporting calendar and work with Project Directors to draft donor reports for timely submission.
- Assist in various aspects of people management.
- Conduct monitoring visits to project field locations as needed.
- Work with compliance officer to ensure Project Directors conform to donor requirements, especially in areas of means of verification, HR and fiscal management
- Creation and maintenance of M&E tools and systems at the national level
Have a University Degree (BA/Bsc or MA/Msc) in the selected field of intervention (Project Management, Education Sciences, Social Sciences, Law, Economics, International Development, etc.)
Experience and Qualification
- Have at least a minimum of five (5) years of progressively verifiable experience in the field of project management in the humanitarian and/or development sector.
- Proven record of preparing successful proposals.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of projects/ Programmes, development and/or humanitarian service.
- Experience in knowledge management, organizational development and learning.
- Proven work experience in multicultural and stressful environments.
- Experience managing teams and significant budgets.
- Experience writing reports and conducting research.
- Adhere to JRS values and abide by the code of conduct and other policies.
- Knowledge of Project Management techniques and processes.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, active listening skills, initiative and personal discipline, etc.
- Good financial management and/or budget management experience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Have good computer skills and mastery of MS Office tools.
- Mastery of English (fluency in spoken and written languages).
- Excellent writing, editing and document formatting capabilities.
- Knowledge of Local language would be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.