Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Analytic and Visualization Officer
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Data Analytics and Visualization Officer for the USAID funded Strategic HIV / AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order One in northwestern Nigeria.
- SHARP Task Order One will implement accelerated scale-up of interventions and cost-effective innovations to improve access to and quality of HIV/AIDS and TB service delivery, while strengthening the national health system in the northwestern states of Kebbi, Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, and Zamfara.
- The program will support HIV testing services, HIV diagnosis and treatment, HIV care and support, laboratory services, and health systems strengthening. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. Please note this position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The Data Analytics and Visualization Officer under the supervision of Director, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning, will provide analytics and data visualization technical assistance and support to the country program and state offices for routine and survey data. This involves: providing and coordinating technical assistance and capacity building in data analysis and data visualization; supporting the analysis of large datasets; assisting with programming charts and other data display / visualization products, and promoting easy access to these products, and enhancing the capacity to perform custom analyses within program teams.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Performance monitoring: Communicating with, supporting, and guiding counterparts in Country program and state offices regarding their health database development, data visualization, and improvement needs. Adapts existing health informatics tools and data capture systems to project-specific data collection and data dissemination needs and to ensure accessibility and usability of systems for SHARP TO 1 and implementing partner teams.
- Data visualization: provides support and leadership for central programs and State offices to design and develop health informatics tools in response to SHARP TO 1’s information needs. Helps with programming data visualization products, including producing regular high-quality analysis products at global and country program level. Leads and motivates teams to produce timely and high-quality results from LAMIS, DHIS, and NDR databases
- Analysis of large datasets provides support and leadership for central programs and State offices to run an analysis of large program and survey datasets
- Technical Assistance: Trains and supervises others in specific data capture, processing, visualization, and design tasks. Reviews output and outcome indicator calculations in databases, drilling down of analysis to the site level, and export/import of data and information products between different software applications, while maintaining data integrity.
- Data Quality and Security: Support the development and implementation of data quality control measures that will monitor accurate and complete capture of health program data. Develops and ensures adherence to policies that ensure the security and confidentiality of SHARP TO 1 identifiable health data, including adherence to relevant national and international standards and Open Data guidance.
- Representation and Documentation: Contribute to the development of concept notes, data reporting templates and tables, job aids, user guides, and standard operating procedures. Represents SHARP TO 1 and makes presentations at professional meetings and conferences related to health data analytics and visualization issues. Documents best practices in data analytics and visualization and disseminates appropriately.
- Remains informed of current issues regarding data analytics and visualization applications and trends in the field by review of current literature and involvement in professional networks
- Support SHARP TO 1 operational research activities
- Performs any other related duties assigned
- Bachelor and / or Master’s degree in Public Health, International Development, Information Design, Communications, Statistics, or related with a concentration in data visualization, monitoring & evaluation, or a related field.
- 5+ years of professional design experience working in the field of data visualization/ information design.
- Strong design eye and demonstrated experience in understanding and interpreting complex ideas and / or data into visual information.
- A strong design portfolio with samples of information design work, highlighting strengths as a visual communicator.
- Advanced experience using Tableau. Experience using Power BI a plus.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel. Experience creating dashboards using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work independently and manage a wide range of activities on a daily basis with limited supervision.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and work under tight deadlines
Application Closing Date
16th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
- Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. The finalists will be contacted.