Pro-Health International is a faith-based, non- profit organization that has provided free health care services to the vulnerable and under-served populations in Nigeria for over 29 years. CDC and USAID have funded PHI to implement HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care projects and Global Health security and Orphans and Vulnerable Children Interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Finance Officer will be responsible for supervising bank transactions, preparation of payment Vouchers and writing of cheques, posting of payment Vouchers and preparation of financial reports.
- Will be responsible for budget tracking, reviewing posted transactions in the Tally, Bank reconciliation and ensuring timely remittances of statutory deductions.
- The Finance Officer will also be in charge of making requisition for funds, reimbursements and involvement in the capacity building of community-based organizations and hands-supports in financial management.
- Will keep proper financial records for donor and external audits view.
- Will be responsible for coordination of administrative activities at the assigned office.
- Any other assignment given by his/her supervisors.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- Applicants must have a First degree / HND in Accounting or other related Social Sciences.
- Also required is a minimum of 3 years working experience
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Must be proficient in the use of Tally Accounting Software, sound analytical, interpersonal and communication skills. Experience in managing USAID and CDC grants, rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with Nigeria NGOs contractual procedures and a relevant higher degree will be an added advantage.
- Belonging or in the process of belonging to a Professional Accounting Body will be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
13th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter along with their Resume / CV to:firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job title and location as a subject
- This job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Equal Opportunity Language:
- “Pro-Health International is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”