Elvaridah is a Business Development Company with the primary objective of working with businesses and business owners to start up their businesses, improve, differentiate or expand already existing ones.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Oniru, Lagos
- We are looking for an experienced Senior accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions
- Senior accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures
- A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts
- The ideal candidate has experience collaborating and/or managing a team of accountants and junior accountants
- Senior accountant duties include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all our accounting tasks.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Posting of all invoices on Travcom.
- Refunds, ADM and ACM postings after audit/HOF approval.
- Processing and Posting of all payables.
- Posting of all receipts.
- Payable & Receipt report.
- Invoicing Report
- Assist in reconciliation of vendor’s statement
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide technical support and advice on Management account
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Liaise with Accounting manager to improve financial procedures.
Candidate should possess the following skills:
- Proven experience as a senior accountant
- Proficiency in Travcom
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Must have a First Degree in Accounting or any other related discipline from a reputable Higher Institution and must be a chartered accountant (ACCA / ICAN).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online