Cargill- Haubourdin (59)
Position Purpose & Summary
The prime purpose of the Reliability Engineer position is to identify the pro- active maintenance requirements for assets to increase plant productivity, maximise reliability performance in a sustainable way and to capture all opportunities to improve processes while reducing total cost. This will be achieved through actions to review and update the site criticality assessment, implement/ review the Equipment Reliability Strategy (ERS) programme to ensure appropriate deployment, evaluate proactive work results, follow up with appropriate action to restore asset integrity and carry out investigations into failures to eliminate their root causes. All opportunities to improve asset integrity will be captured while complying with EHS and Food Safety requirements and in alignment with Reliability Excellence practices/processes.
He will ensure that the safety, environment, food safety, food defense policies, information protections, the guideline principles, the internal site rules are respected and followed by himself and his direct reports (others peoples on the site). He will complete all forms and reports as required by exiting procedures.
40% RELIABILITY EXCELLENCE GOVERNANCE (DEVELOP, ALIGN & IMPLEMENT RE PRACTICES& PROGRAMS)
- Support local alignment, deployment and execution of Business Unit reliability excellence vision, strategy and processes to change reliability culture
- Participate in and take relevant agreed actions for OPEX team meetings to ensure equipment capabilities and help to develop a culture focused on solutions.
- Identify equipment reliability improvement opportunities supported by input from the execution part of the organisation and central BU Equipment Reliability Strategies (ERS).
- Supports the deployment of Reliability Excellence processes in his/her area of influence and ensures the reliability culture is foundational to operations.
- Enforces common reliability processes, metrics and tools focussing on failure/reliability problem root cause identification and elimination.
- Achieve targeted results from continuous improvement practices, and validates the importance of Reliability Excellence through key successes (not limited to scorecard and metrics control, total cost of maintenance, total cost of ownership, monthly review of compliance to audits).
- Contribute to local alignment, deployment and execution of Business Unit reliability excellence vision, strategy and processes to change reliability culture.
- Support the work execution process with reliability input to job plans in compliance with all business unit/facility policies and procedures related to environment, safety and food safety, housekeeping, HACCP, ISO and country legislation.
40% OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS/CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT/PREVENT – MAINTAIN & REPAIR
- Determine the function, capability, functional failure modes, probability of failure, impact severity and acceptable risk for assets to define the right maintenance requirements to eliminate functional failures and their effects.
- Support with reliability knowledge the execution of the asset criticality, as part of the Asset Health Assurance Model
- Coordinate PdM efforts on site to measure and secure an upward trend of the Asset Health.
- Ensure appropriate follow up recommendations and actions from the inspection program of assets.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement of Asset Health to optimise plant uptime.
- Lead, as required, the RCFA and RCM processes within Maintenance organisation using cross – functional teams to ensure appropriate changes to the PM/ PdM program or plant modifications are made which improve reliability and reduce avoidable maintenance costs.
- Support maintenance tasks aligned with the reliability improvement: improvement tasks, working capital optimization, RCA, RCM, 5Why, 5S, eMoc and Precision Maintenance skills improvement using reliability knowledge.
- Coach site personnel in the reliability work processes to ensure continued alignment to the Asset Health Assurance model.
- Identify critical spare parts and ensure they are covered with appropriate PM/PdM plan through Equipment Reliability strategies deployment.
- Establish cycles of improvement to ensure a sustainable reliability process based on effective KPIs for gaps identification and elimination.
- Prepare/support preparation and follow critical tasks in particular during shut down and Special Maintenance Activities when required.
- Identify and propose to the Reliability Superintendent the resources needed to deploy Equipment Reliability Strategies.
- Support execution of routine repair procedure and tasks to ensure compliance with the fundamental plant reliability strategies, standards and procedures.
- Leading/reporting downtime meetings and reporting KPI.
- Enforce safety and environmental compliance to procedures, practices and regulations within the department.
10% PROJECT PLANNING, CONTRACT/VENDOR MANAGEMENT
- Participate in and support new capital investment project initiatives to ensure that reliability needs are incorporated into design, purchase, installation and commissioning phases which allow appropriate proactive strategies for assets and spares to be developed.
- Participate in basic project planning, cost estimation and tracking & payback justification.
- Act as Project Leader, when requested, of replacement/maintenance projects.
- Propose replacement projects and Special Maintenance Activities with a 3 – 5 years time horizon based on critical asset health and conditions for the respective area of responsibility.
- Provide input and recommendations for selection of contractors/vendors based on their reliability knowledge and precision maintenance practices.
- Coordinate on-going maintenance/reliability related projects (i.e. asset reliability/defect elimination) utilizing a broad knowledge of maintenance and reliability practices and procedures.
- Participate in the contractors’ selection and evaluation processes.
10% BEST PRACTICE APPLICATION, TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Ensure procedures and equipment modifications are documented to provide processes sustainability and capture maintenance and reliability best practices.
- Review and contribute to SSE approved Equipment Reliability Strategies and equipment best practices.
- Facilitate training sessions for maintenance personnel, focusing on fundamental of maintenance and reliability best practices.
Qualifications – Essential Functions/Requirements
- Advanced knowledge of M&R processes, practices, tools/systems and complex location assets functions, functioning, design and functioning principle.
- Understanding of industrial environment and continuous production processes with particular focus to the location processes.
- Regulatory and legal requirements in relation to maintenance of asset and process integrity, such as safety, environmental and food safety related regulations.
- Knowledge of production processes of the location and assets context.
- Knowledge should be supported by relevant industry standardized training.
- Gathers information, discusses, analyses and interprets issues, decides upon an action plan, supports the decision, and moves forward limited to his/her area of influence.
- Leadership, Culture Change, Negotiation, Life Cycle Costing concepts, Continuous Improvement approach, Communication.
- Languages: Working technical English (writing and speaking).
- Personality: reputation in maintenance activities with major focus on assets integrity and reliability, practical experience and proven capable to deliver under challenging circumstances.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Engineering Academic degree (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Minimum 3 – 5 years experience in maintenance supervisory or reliability role in a small medium size plant.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally including effective communication.
- Personal drive and commitment for M&R processes and execution effectiveness.
- Demonstrated effective systematic problem solving skills.
- Promoter of continuous improvement and usage of RE tool for failure understanding (5W, RCA, …) courage and adaptability, makes process stimulation and management of knowledge sharing.
- Adequate computer skills with standard software packages and maintenance management system.
- Practical knowledge for PdM technologies such as Vibration Analysis, Oil Analysis, Infra Red, Ultra Sound, and Motor Circuit Evaluation (Level 1 certification) to be confident in follow up recommendations.
- Conversant with and able to facilitate multiple RCFA processes.
- Conversant with FMEA and able to facilitate RCM process.
- Knowledge should be supported by relevant industry standardized training.
- In depth knowledge of one or more of the core processes of SSE is a plus.
- Relevant experience in maintenance of 3-5 years experience at medium to large plant operations
- Demonstrated experience in leading M&R execution teams in a complex facility.
- Experience within a manufacturing/engineering environment, chemical/starchy industry is a plus.
- Role in different maintenance & reliability positions might serve as a basis provided proved record of sustained recorded achievements.
- Level 2 certification for some of the commonly used PdM technologies.
- Business acumen to translate performance gaps in his filed of activity and improvement to bottom-line maintenance costs.
- Ability to develop and conduct trainings for Reliability topics.
- Ability to mentor others on M&R principles.
- Effective networker to build strong alliances and relationships.
- Demonstrated effective verbal communication skills including training, facilitating meetings and events, written reports and presentations and project updates (if needed) and organizational capability.
- Fluent in English (written, spoken).
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Job Maintenance and Reliability
Primary Location France-France-Nord-Haubourdin
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job