KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable TB control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: PPM Coordinator
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
- Over the past century KNCV has made a significant contribution to the successful fight against TB in the Netherlands, and since the 1970s, we have shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague, the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices in Africa and (central) Asia. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate and government donors.
- In collaboration with the Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) as the Principal Recipient (PR), KNCV is implementing the Global Fund Public-Private Mix grant; Scaling up services for TB Prevention and Control in the 3 states of Benue, Akwa Ibom and Cross River. This will involve engaging primarily with the formal and informal private health sector in these states to find and treat missing persons with TB disease and contribute towards the National TB, Leprosy and Buruli Ulcer Control Program’s (NTBLCP) TB treatment coverage targets. The overarching strategic objectives of the PPM grant include improving access to quality patient-centered care for TB, TB/HIV and drug-resistant TB services; prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms in the private sector. KNCV TB Foundation also providing technical support to KNCV TB Foundation Nigeria in the implementation of USAID funded LON project particular in the implementation of the Private Sector Engagement in finding and treating missing TB cases in 14 states.
Purpose of the Job:
- The PPM Coordinator is expected to provide technical and programmatic leadership to the implementation for the GF PPM TB and LON Nigeria project.
- The PPM Coordinator is responsible for the overall implementation of the GF PPM TB project as well as provide technical assistance to the LON project on the PPM implementation and the overarching management responsibilities in the branch office such as governance, HR and security.
Position in the organization:
- The PPM Coordinator reports to the reports to the Grant Manager at KNCV’s Head Office in The Hague.
As PPM Coordinator, you will:
- Coordinate the implementation of the Global fund PPM TB grant in the focused state;
- Develop implementation plans and oversee the implementation of integrated TB, TB/HV and other medical services at facility level and community level with focus on the private sector in the Global fund and LON region 1 and 2 States;
- Provide technical assistance on rapid assessments, situational analysis, evaluations and other related activities with focus on the PPM TB in Global fund and LON projects States;
- Lead effort in the engagement of key state level stakeholders, state TB programs, Ministry of health and Local government on the implementation of the PPM activities;
- Lead effort in the engagement of key private sector stakeholders, Associations and other professional bodies involved in the implementation of the public private Mix TB activities;
- Provide technical guidance on training and capacity building in the focused states in the implementation of the PPM TB in LON 1 and 2 States:
- Provide technical support and oversight to senior Program Officers in the LON project and Program officers under the Global fund project on key intervention areas of PPM grant implementation in designated states/LGAs;
- Ensure effective collaboration between public and private sector stakeholders;
- Provide Technical guidance to the sub-award partners and implementing agents in the implementation of the PPM TB component of the LON project in the focused states a support partners periodic progress report;
- Review the performance of the PPM TB activities in line with set target and share learn learnt;
- Ensure effective collaboration between public and private sector stakeholders;
- Convene coordination platforms to support collaboration between KNCV and Global Fund PR and SR support, including State and LGA TB Control Programs;
- Support the development of guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation and monitoring of TB in private health sector settings;
- Ensure timely and complete reporting in accordance with approved GF reporting formats;
- Coordinate the development and refining of implementation tools to enhance the quality of TB services in the private sector;
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to TB and TB/HIV program interventions and apply these lessons to modify existing program and improve the design of new programs;
- Represent KNCV to donors and government officials and manage communications with all other stakeholders, including civil society and other relevant groups on issues of PPM TB grant;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure proper execution of the KNCV Country Office manual and HRM manual;
- Implement (changes in) relevant policies and procedures in the Country Office as advised by KNCV HO;
- Lead the KNCV TB Foundation office and responsible for in country KNCV security policy;
- Represent KNCV Branch Office externally with partners in country;
- Coordination with Local NGO KNCV Nigeria:
- Provide the link between the KNCV International (Branch office) and KNCV Nigeria through;
- knowledge and experience sharing;
- cooperation in applying for funds in Nigeria for the shared objective of reducing TB and associated infectious disease within Nigeria and worldwide.
- Resource Mobilization:
- Identify opportunities for local resource mobilization and ensures required follow up;
- Contribute to international resource mobilization in close collaboration with HO;
- Lead and oversee in-country proposal development activities including budget development, supported by financial staff.
Who we are looking for?
- A degree in the Medical Sciences – MBBS / MB.BCH (Master’s degree in Public health, Project management, Health management and related discipline will be an added advantage).
Knowledge / Experience:
- At least 10 years’ progressive experience in managing complex public Health programs especially in the field of TB, TB/HIV and HIV;
- Good working knowledge of Public Health space at both national and subnational level;
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary team with track record of success;
- Experience in managing Global fund and USAID projects ;
- Ability to multitask, with knowledge of various program areas;
- Strong ability in key decision making and working effectively with minimal supervision;
- Good written and oral communication skills.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for 12 months, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online