The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Assistant
SVN No.: SVN2020.71
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Organizational Unit: Resource Management
IOM Classification: G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Slot: 3 Openings
- Working under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) and the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer (PLO), the incumbent will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of the procurement process including obtaining quotations, tendering, purchases and deliveries of supplies/services at the Maiduguri and Yola Sub-Offices as well as the Mission in Nigeria in accordance with IOM’s Procurement policies and procedures.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Receive Purchase Requisition Forms and make sure all are endorsed prior to procuring using the IOM authorization matrix as applicable for the Sub-Office and Mission as a whole.
- Solicit Quotations / Proposals, prepare Bids Analysis Summaries (BAS) in conformity to the requirements shown in the Purchase requisition Form (PRF) and issue Purchase Order (PO) through PRISM system using Material Management (MM) module. Make sure POs are delivered to suppliers and vendors and their signatures obtained.
- Prepare Requests for Quotations (RFQs), Bidding documents, Requests for proposals (RFPs), other relevant procurement documents and facilitate their advertisement and circulation.
- Organize and facilitate Pre-Bid Conferences by inviting potential Bidders and sharing relevant information regarding Tenders.
- Carry out all purchases according to IOM procurement rules (IN168) and follow implemented mechanisms to avoid fraud and ensure transparency to complement the IOM rules and regulations on procurement.
- Provide a monthly checklist on open Purchase orders and follow up with relevant colleagues to ensure timely closure of all the Purchase orders in the PRISM MM Module.
- Create both IOM and Beneficiary assets appropriately in PRISM through MM Module prior to procurement and adhere to IOM’s asset management practices for their acquisition, transfer and retire.
- Prepare and maintain price list database of regular supplies for the Sub-Office and provide information on price
- estimates to Requesting Departments for preparation of Purchase Requests
- Advice project managers and supervisors on offers collected and best goods/services to be procured.
- Follow-up with suppliers on timely delivery of requested supplies and services and keep the concerned project staff informed on the status of the delivery.
- Coordinate with the receiving units on Goods/Services to be received and obtain the satisfactory delivery notes, Goods Receipt Notes, and invoices from the receiving unit.
- Follow up with Vendors regularly on submission of invoices for goods/services delivered and ensure that payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Maintain efficient filing system for all procurement records including, Purchase requests, Bids Analysis Summary, Quotations, BEAC Resolution to award, minutes of Bids opening, Evaluation Score sheets, Reports etc. Ensure these records are up to date.
- Perform any other duties as may be required from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Business Administration, Purchasing & Supply, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant working experience in a procurement unit or High School Diploma in the above fields with four years of relevant experience in a procurement office
- At least two years’ experience in Supply Chain Management.
- Skills and knowledge in Conducting local/international procurement, clearing & forwarding, Government laws and regulations, insurance and inventory/stock/supplies and management.
- Very good understanding of Procurement and Logistics policies.
- Knowledge of SAP (PRISM) is desired,
- Common software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Application Closing Date
13th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating the position number on the subject line.
Important Information / Notice
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to the “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line “SVN2020.71 Maiduguri, Procurement and Logistics Assistant G4.”
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.