Population Services International (PSI), is a world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motivated group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Administration & Finance
Job ID: 2020-3256
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to the Deputy Director Field Finance Support with dotted line to Country Representative Nigeria
- The Director of Administration & Finance, working under direct supervision of the Deputy Director Field Finance Support based in Washington DC and Country Representative will be responsible for providing leadership, technical support to the general finance, general administration and sub-grants financial management teams, ensuring highest level of compliance and financial accountability across all units in PSI Nigeria.
- S/he will work closely with the Country Representative to drive collaboration among the program and finance teams on financial performance, reporting, compliance and SR management.
- In doing so, s/he will play a key role in ensuring that all PSI finance, administration and sub-grants financial management teams have the required tools, processes and talent to meet their objective of acting as strategic partners to the rest of the organization.
- The Director of Administration & Finance will continuously seek to ensure/improve efficiency, integrity and transparency of financial, administration and sub-grants financial management operations.
- S/he is responsible for ensuring that financial accounting, management and planning processes for PSI Nigeria are of high quality and are compliant with donor and PSI global standards and tools, and that the processes are enabling the implementing teams achieve program targets.
- S/he is also responsible for control of and completeness of PSI and its Donor’s fixed assets & inventory plus the completeness of their records.
- Contribute to the strategic vision of PSI/Nigeria, collaborate with senior management team to ensure strong internal controls and financial management processes are implemented in line with PSI and Donor requirements across PSI Nigeria
- Manage and strengthen the staff & systems for PSI Nigeria’s Administration and Finance functions; comprising of Sub-grants financial management, Financial Accounting, Inventory Control & Accounting, Payroll, Asset Control & Accounting and general Office Administration.
- Lead and coordinate PSI Nigeria’s annual budget development process; develop, manage, analyze and track the Finance & Administration budget including the overall common direct costs budget for PSI Nigeria.
- Lead and coordinate the breakdown of project budgets across departments to drive budget ownership across PSI Nigeria; Operationalization and realignments of PSI Nigeria’s projects budgets in general.
- Lead and coordinate the review of PSI Nigeria’s projects financial performance by conducting, together with project managers, monthly project financial review & analysis meetings. Also ensuring close collaboration and communication with PSI Washington
- Drive timely, documented and effective sub-grants financial management, financial performance review and capacity building
- Adopt, disseminate, operationalize and ensure compliance with PSI Global finance and compliance policies & procedures (e.g. SOPs, SR management tools), Donor rules & regulations and respective laws of Nigeria (e.g. taxation laws & other statutory requirements). Also coordinate and escalate to PSI Washington’s Field Finance Support team where potential conflicts are identified or where training & support is needed.
- Oversee procurement management and ensure that procurements are made timely based on PSI policies and funder regulations
- Provide finance technical support and advice to the Country Representative and Program Staff.
- Lead overall organization’s accurate, timely and useful financial reporting.
- Ensure cash availability to run projects and for coordinating forecasting efforts thereon
- Support users and oversee the performance of QuickBooks Enterprise as business financial processes leader.
- Provide regular costing and cost analysis of PSI Activities in bid to provide information to influence cost efficiency in program implementation.
- Ensure adequate insurance cover on organizations assets and other resources (Cash, inventory etc)
- Ensure effective control/tracking of PSI and its Donor’s physical assets & inventory plus maintenance of accurate records for the same
- Ensure timely engagement of external auditors, preparation, management and successful conclusion of all auditing activities (internal, external, donor, LFA etc) at PSI Nigeria and PSI/HQ; Including ensuring that management comments are addressed, and recommendations are implemented.
- In coordination with PSI Nigeria HR department, oversee accurate and timely payroll generation.
- Liaison and contact person for all financial matters between PSI Nigeria and PSI HQ or Donors including coordination with PSI Washington Finance
- Strengthen capacity of the finance and non-finance staff to achieve goals and professional growth
What are we looking for?
- Minimum degree in Finance / Accounting / Economics or a professional qualification in Accounting (e.g. CPA/ ACCA). MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 9 years of progressively responsible positions in a large-scale, non-profit or commercial environment
- Demonstrated leadership working in with a large INGO finance and operations team in a challenging operating environment will be an added advantage
- Strong knowledge of funder regulations, including CIFF; BMGF; Global Fund, DFID and USAID.
- Experience with ERP systems and Strong working knowledge of spreadsheets required. Knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise will be an added advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online