Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in WASH sector in North East region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WaSH Coordinator Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Description Of The Position
- The WaSH Coordinator Assistant backs up the WaSH Coordinator in supporting the mission to achieve the intended operational results.
- In particular, he/she helps in ensuring the quality of implemented projects through regular field operation follow up, results monitoring, context monitoring, lessons learned and knowledge management, tools development and trainings.
- The WaSH Coordinator Assistant takes in standardizing of SI technical approaches and tools in areas of intervention.
- To help in ensuring the quality of implemented projects through regular operation monitoring, results monitoring, context monitoring, lessons learned and knowledge management, tools development and trainings
- To help in ensuring standardized approaches in BoQ, technical design, Tools and SOPs of WASH activities.
- To work closely with the project field officers, project managers and the program coordinator in coordinating information exchange and timely support.
- To collect information from the bases and assist in the quality analysis of the activities carried out with the WaSH Coordinator
- To ensure with the WaSH Coordinator that the programs are implemented respecting Solidarites International’ technical requirements and national established norms and standards
Coordination, technical support and operational monitoring:
- To support WaSH coordinator for carrying out and/or supervising task and work plan, according to the objectives which have been set
- To monitor the development of current programs (progress, suitability and effectiveness) and suggest modifications to WaSH coordinator
- To support the teams on-site, by regularly visiting intervention sites planned with the WaSH coordinator, pre-empting problems and listening to the teams and by providing technical and methodology advices and recommendations
- Together with the WaSH coordinator, be involved in the review and follow up of the different operational follow-ups
- To contribute to the synergy of the Program Coordination department
- To reply to any other requests from the WaSH Coordinator regarding specific needs and priorities
- To ensure that Solidarités International’s WASH-related capitalization tools are correctly archived, disseminated at mission level.
- To follow up the preparation of Activity Forms
- To collect and disseminate various useful documents (law, procedures, national policy, guidelines and methodologies, standards…)
- To support the Program Coordination to develop technical partnerships with other actors in the sector of WASH
- To participate to the lead and organization of trainings or workshops
Reporting / communication / representation:
- To share with the relevant person any information regarding the security situation and context which may impact the Solidarités International activities and the security of the teams
- To support projects, assessments and evaluations reports as necessary, together with analysis and recommendations
- To participate to the preparation of WASH activity reports and annexes for reports to donors with the WaSH Coordinator
- To participate to the validation of technical expertise reports
- To represent the organization when asked and/or delegated to do so
- In conjunction with the WaSH Coordinator, establish and maintain a communication network and good relations with local/government authorities, financial donor representatives, UN agencies and other international agencies
- To ensure with the WaSH Coordinator that SI is represented at all meetings or forums concerning WASH and other topics and write minutes
- To ensure proper archiving of WaSH program activities and support the bases in that matter
- To translate documents between English and Hausa when requested
- Master degree in Wash with extensive knowledge of technical Wash activities
- 3 years of experience in a similar position (NGO / Private or Public sector) with a minimum of one year in NGO
- Language: English compulsory, Kanuri and/or Hausa are a strong advantage
- Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity,
- Good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress,
- Demonstrable ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to travel to any area within Nigeria, including deep field areas
- Local applicants and female applicants with relevant background and experience are highly encouraged to apply.
- Excellent analytical skills, writing and speaking
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management and WASH technical activities
- Excellent knowledge of MS office applications
- Basics in geographical information system (GIS)
Nationality: For Nigeria Nationals only!
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- When the link opens, select WaSH Coordinator Assistant – Coordination, fill the form and attach your CV.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- As the position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.