Field Support Services Project (FSSP) is part of the effort to make Canada’s development assistance in Nigeria more effective, more focused, and more accountable. FSSP’s mandate includes providing a range of services supporting the implementation of Canada’s development programs in Nigeria to improve the quality of program delivery. FSSP services include provision of access to Technical Specialists and other consultants with local knowledge and experience; provision of administrative, logistical, procurement and financial services; and provision of support to local development initiatives for the execution of Canada’s development programs in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Specialist on Sustainable and Inclusive Economic Growth
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Global Affairs Canada seeks to hire a Consultant to provide technical advisory services in support of its sustainable and inclusive economic growth (SIEG) portfolio in Nigeria.
- Canada’s SIEG programming in Nigeria is aligned with the Government of Nigeria’s Economic Growth and Recovery Plan and is guided by Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy, which focuses on promoting the full and equal participation of women as economic actors.
Scope of Work:
- Advise on how Canada and its implementing partners can strengthen project delivery and outcomes in line with Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy
- Provide guidance to implementing partners and GAC based on best practice and lessons learned, with a focus on transformative approaches to advancing women’s economic empowerment and gender equality.
- Make periodic visits to project sites to engage and advise implementing partners (this currently includes Bauchi State, but geographic locations may vary).
- Advise on broader issues and trends in the sustainable and inclusive economic growth sector
- Support project analysis, project development, and str ategic planning.
- Support the Program’s engagement with key stakeholders (government, donors, civil society, and private sector).
- Master’s Degree from a recognized institution in a relevant discipline such as Business, Economics, International Development or any related field. Bachelor’s holders with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience working on economic growth issues in international development, at least 5 years of which should be in Nigeria
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in development programming focused on innovative financing for development in partnership with private sector actors (including performance-based financing, impact investment, and / or blended finance)
- Experience working with women-led SMEs and smallholder women farmers (particularly around value chain integration)
- Demonstrated understanding of transformative gender equality programming in the sustainable and inclusive economic growth sector.
- Knowledge of the policy environment in Nigeria related to inclusive economic growth and their operationalisation.
- Demonstrated experience providing advice and recommendations, including drafting briefing notes, sectoral analyses, and monitoring and assessment reports for senior decision-makers in donor agencies, government, civil society organizations or the private sector.
- Excellent analytical, written & verbal communication, presentation, and time management skills.
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Download the EOI format below with detailed instructions and return completed application as PDF files by email to: info_fssp_ng@Transtec.be and request the EOI if unable to download from the link.
Click here to Download the EOI Format (Ms Word)
- Request for the EOI if unable to download from the link
- Only applicants who follow the detailed instructions in the EOI will be considered
- No separate letters will be accepted.